Singapore Expats Forum

Where to buy Hazelnut Syrup?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Girl_Next_Door » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:21 pm

resm wrote:
cbavasi wrote:I love vom Fass - I bought some Apple Balsam vinegar I'm practically drinking out of the bottle it's so delicious! Weird location though... I only found it b/c I wanted to check out the stationary store right next to it.

Ahaa... someone else who knows what is good :P

I bought the same item.
Besides drinking it pure, its delicious on Mozzarella with pesto & tomatoes.

In the long run its actually not such a weird location considering there is that small supermarket beside it.

Convenient to do your shopping whenever you want to be good to yourself :wink:

I checked out Vom Fass yesterday! Well, they don't have hazelnut syrup but they do have a good variety of alcohol, vinegar and oil. The apple balsamic vinegar seems pretty popular and was almost sold out. But I found something even better! Try mixing cherry balsamic with orange oil and the favor is simply heaven!!!

Although the price for some might be a little steep. I think you can find similar items in European supermarkets like 360, market place, etc.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:48 pm

resm wrote:
Girl_Next_Door wrote:Cool! Will check that out! Thanks!

I have no Idea if they have that (did not look for it) but why don't you check out the new place inside ION.

It is called "vom Fass" (from the Barrel) and has many exotic liquid items.
4th floor besides the mini supermarket.
Vom Fass is true balsamic vinegars and oils from Europe, not syrup, you should be able to see the difference in price! Highly recommended for the Gourmet Balsamic vinegars, I have tried some of them myself with the oils.

If its anything to do with NUTS their is only one Singaporean company called camel that is highly successful.