Singapore Expats Forum

Employment Pass Issues. Please advice

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 1:24 pm

Saint wrote:Why don't you pop to the ICA and ask for an extension? :?

Sounds like a solid idea to me. :wink:

But be prepared to go to JB or Indonesia for 3 days if necessary.

dhingraneha_nd

Postby dhingraneha_nd » Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:48 pm

my EP appeal is still under processing. Meanwhile I left Singapore on 6th because that was the last day of my social visit pass. Now my local contact applied visa for me and just now it got rejected. He applied for more than 30 days visa stating the reason that EP appeal under review.
What am i supposed to do to come back to singapore and how?
P
lease help

Thanks

halfexpats

Question on S-pass application.

Postby halfexpats » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 2:19 pm

Hi all, can anyone advise me on the issue?
I am applying a S-pass for an employee from PRC. She is a diploma holder, 5yrs customer service manager in China. I will be paying her $2300. She was previously on work permit with another company. the work permit was expired in august 2009 and she is now back home. What is the chance that her S-pass will be approved? my company has 4 singaporean and we meet the 25% quota.

Will her prevoius work permit affect the s-pass application? Is the diploma qualification sufficient?

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Question on S-pass application.

Postby econoMIC » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 4:53 pm

halfexpats wrote:Hi all, can anyone advise me on the issue?
I am applying a S-pass for an employee from PRC. She is a diploma holder, 5yrs customer service manager in China. I will be paying her $2300. She was previously on work permit with another company. the work permit was expired in august 2009 and she is now back home. What is the chance that her S-pass will be approved? my company has 4 singaporean and we meet the 25% quota.

Will her prevoius work permit affect the s-pass application? Is the diploma qualification sufficient?

Based on the information you gave us it doesn't look very good. Ask yourself, is there no local (citizen or PR) who could do this job as a customer service manager? I somehow can't believe that.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

halfexpats

Postby halfexpats » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 5:19 pm

With her network, this employee can help me bring in China investors to buy properties in Singapore. Not many Singaporean has the network and ability to tap on the Chinese investors. Will this help?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 8:52 pm

dhingraneha_nd wrote:my EP appeal is still under processing. Meanwhile I left Singapore on 6th because that was the last day of my social visit pass. Now my local contact applied visa for me and just now it got rejected. He applied for more than 30 days visa stating the reason that EP appeal under review.
What am i supposed to do to come back to singapore and how?
P
lease help

Thanks

What visa did the local contact apply for? You probably need to apply for a tourist visa, and not social visit pass, i would think, though i am not sure! More than 30 days visa is probably not required, for the EP review that's maybe why it was rejected.