Singapore Expats Forum

LPR Information

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pooja20

LPR Information

Postby pooja20 » Tue, 18 Aug 2009 7:35 pm

Hi,

I am from India and i did my post grad in Sing. I passed out last year n unfortunately din't get a job in Singapore :cry: . Back in India I now have about a years experience as a Marketing Executive.

I am thinking of applying for an L-PR and moving to singapore. Can anyone tell me
# how different is an L-PR from PR (apart from the money part)
# do i have to go through agencies in Singapore and is the money not refundable even if L-PR is rejected?
#Is there any qualification tests u can take like for example the Aussie migration?
#What are the chances or grounds that the L-PR can be rejected?
#does it really improve my chances of getting a job there in Singapore?

Hoping for a clear reply :)

Thanks
Pooja

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Re: LPR Information

Postby littlegreenman » Thu, 20 Aug 2009 3:50 am

pooja20 wrote:Hi,

I am from India and i did my post grad in Sing. I passed out last year n unfortunately din't get a job in Singapore :cry: . Back in India I now have about a years experience as a Marketing Executive.

I am thinking of applying for an L-PR and moving to singapore. Can anyone tell me
# how different is an L-PR from PR (apart from the money part)
In the end they want to know the same details, past income, level of education, family details,... Please note though that you do not apply through ICA but through SMC consultants who this procedure was outsourced to
# do i have to go through agencies in Singapore and is the money not refundable even if L-PR is rejected?
Yes, you have to go through SMC Consultants. They are the exclusive agency for that. As mentioned you can not apply with ICA directly. If your application gets rejected you do NOT get a refund.
#Is there any qualification tests u can take like for example the Aussie migration?
No, as the whole points/evaluation scheme for PR is kept secret. Bottom line is though that if you are a high income earner and have good education your chances are higher. Being married and having young children might also give bonus points. The fact that you studied in Singapore might also help, then the question though is if you studied at a Singapore Uni, why didn't you accept the invitation to take up PR then and did you serve your bond?
#What are the chances or grounds that the L-PR can be rejected?
Nobody can say
#does it really improve my chances of getting a job there in Singapore?
Yes, as getting an EP or even a job offer on EP is difficult these days. L-PR certainly helps.

Hoping for a clear reply :)

Thanks
Pooja

pooja20

LPR Information

Postby pooja20 » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:44 pm

Hey

Thanks a lot...
but about how different is the L-PR from PR...
i wanted to know if they are treated the same in job scenarios ... Like in jobsDB etc all the ads that come out asks for Singapore PR ....

n nope i din't study in Govet uni, I did my MBA from JCUS.. its an australian uni, so din't get any offer for PR.
thanks once again for the info :)

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby littlegreenman » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 2:04 pm

No difference between you being granted L-PR and normal PR when it comes to applying for jobs unless some special conditions (eg. minimum pay) have been specified for your LPR.