Singapore Expats Forum

EP Application - pending input from vetting agencies

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ggao2009

EP Application - pending input from vetting agencies

Postby ggao2009 » Tue, 18 Aug 2009 6:21 pm

Hi Guys

I just got a job offer from a MNC in SG, and they are helping me to apply for the EP to enter SG, but after 5 days since logging the application, my application status becomes "pending input from vetting agencies".

I have a Master degree in a well recognized university, and have 6 years working experience, the fix salary in my job offer is over SGD 8,000/month, so I really don't understand why my application becomes pending, do you know what normally trigger this kind of status? does that really takes around 2 months? Thanks
Last edited by ggao2009 on Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Aug 2009 6:37 pm

Could be they are just being careful. Lots of people trying to get in here now and forged documents happen all the time. Both degrees and salary claims. They are probably doing just what it says, waiting on vetting agencies to verify that your submitted documents are in fact valid. Be thankful that they are that careful.

2 weeks to 2 or 3 months. All depends on how hard it is to verify the documentation (sometimes the holdup is from the issuing body and not MOM).

Good things come to those who wait. Or, they get found out and rejected.

ggao2009

Postby ggao2009 » Tue, 18 Aug 2009 6:56 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Could be they are just being careful. Lots of people trying to get in here now and forged documents happen all the time. Both degrees and salary claims. They are probably doing just what it says, waiting on vetting agencies to verify that your submitted documents are in fact valid. Be thankful that they are that careful.

2 weeks to 2 or 3 months. All depends on how hard it is to verify the documentation (sometimes the holdup is from the issuing body and not MOM).

Good things come to those who wait. Or, they get found out and rejected.

thanks