Rev, you really amazed me, now, you want me to teach you how to investrevhappy wrote: I still have a year left to apply for PR. So I guess I will just accumulate and keep in cash. Where do you guys invest, btw?
1. Singapore equity?
2. Overseas equity via singapore based trading accounts?
3. Remit to your country and then invest from there?
How about into my till ?
Ok, I will throw a 50 cent coin for you to ponder.
Investing be it with banks, fund manager, insurance related return, will depend solely on the amount of cash YOU ARE WILLING TO SPARE. High return comes with high risk vice versa.
1. Banks has this dual currency instrument i.e SG/NZD or SGD/AUD etc. Seven major tradeable currencies. Return for NZ is about 5 %, AUD 6% now. You definitely will get those return based on tenure
2. Fund Manager Porfolios is for savvy investor and strong stomach for fluctuation
3. Insurance related instrument with guaranteed returns is good like Prulink or AIA 8 year growth and something similar
4. FD or TD with bank does not have much return. Hedging is the way to go but you need to study the currency movement
The key is all these is done in SG and you can show proof of your investment
Is this good enough ?