Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore PR Rejected

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 08 Sep 2009 11:01 am

Hi All,
As all you said my appeal was rejected. Thanks for your information,inputs and support. Thanks

pchou

appeal

Postby pchou » Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:38 pm

Hi

Does this conversation concludes that appeal is useless?

How was the appeal being done? write a letter or email to ICA? Does the applicants wrote the letter or the sponsoring company

I just recieved my rejected letter. They said that i need to reapply in 2 years time. Does that mean i need to be exact 2 years to apply or maybe in 6 months time can i reapply?

Strong Eagle

Re: appeal

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 8:46 am

pchou wrote:Hi

Does this conversation concludes that appeal is useless?

How was the appeal being done? write a letter or email to ICA? Does the applicants wrote the letter or the sponsoring company

I just recieved my rejected letter. They said that i need to reapply in 2 years time. Does that mean i need to be exact 2 years to apply or maybe in 6 months time can i reapply?

a) If they meant you could apply in 6 months time why would they say 2 years instead of 6 months? If your circumstances have not materially changed you'll just get rejected again.

b) Appeals will be generally useless unless you can demonstrate significant new facts or a material change in circumstance. Why would they change their ruling if you could not provide this?

Applicant: Would you please reconsider?

ICA: No!

Applicant: Pretty please, with sugar on it?

ICA: Has anything changed since you filed your application?

Applicant: Well... I'm 3 months older.

ICA: Then... NO!

Applicant: Well, then how about I apply in 6 months?

ICA: Wah!! What kind of carrot are you? Can you not hear 2 years, lah?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 8:50 am

#-o ](*,)

If it said reapply in 2 years time that's just what it means! Wait AT LEAST 2 YEARS then reapply.

This is the quality of applicants now days?!? :o :???:

pchou

Postby pchou » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:22 am

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply! Whats my intention of my previous question does the 2 years means it needs to be exact 2 years? Sorry to use 6 months as an illustration.

Heard that normally that have bonds with moe will get an invitation letter or easier to get PR is that fact true?

satishbhawra26

Postby satishbhawra26 » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 7:00 am

singapore. have any one of you had your PR rejected, appealed and got a successful response ? what is the processing time for singapore PR rejection appeal? Any advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:38 am

I got the rejection letter this week, but no time is stated for a new application.

Just curious, is it the usual or not?

I just got a 2 lines - polite letter saying that they checked carefully my application and they are sorry to tell me it was unsuccessful.

I'm not in such a "big problem" as the OP, but just surprised about not seeing any time request for a new application.

BTW, they must be really cutting the tap, as some colleagues of mine with lower position/income/qualifications got it easily some months ago

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Postby econoMIC » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 3:45 pm

One of my mates I studied with in Singapore has joined ICA and told me the following:

There has been a complete overhaul of the immigration system. The government is not pursuing work population growth at all costs any more. Reasons are that they let in many China Chinese that don't mingle and it was perceived that many PRs do not fully blend into society. Also EP quotas have been cut dramatically for that reason.

My friend is quite trust worthy and I do not think he would make this up. He said in the end they were just doing what all the other developed countries from the US to Australia were doing.

Other things he told me: the S in the IC number is not for Singapore but number 19 as you were born in 19XX thus SXX... because S is the 19th letter in the alphabet. T is the twentieth for the generation born from 2000 onwards. The third didgit of your IC apparently shows whether you are a PR or Citizen and which part of the year you were born: 1-3 (Citizen born during 1st,2nd or 3rd part of the year), 4-6 (PR born in the 1st, 2nd or third part of the year). This works with all my friends IC numbers by the way.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ProvenPracticalFlexible » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 4:37 pm

econoMIC wrote:
Other things he told me: the S in the IC number is not for Singapore but number 19 as you were born in 19XX thus SXX... because S is the 19th letter in the alphabet. T is the twentieth for the generation born from 2000 onwards. The third didgit of your IC apparently shows whether you are a PR or Citizen and which part of the year you were born: 1-3 (Citizen born during 1st,2nd or 3rd part of the year), 4-6 (PR born in the 1st, 2nd or third part of the year). This works with all my friends IC numbers by the way.

Doesn't work for my family. I got 6, but born in May. Wife got 0, don't know what that's supposed to tell?

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Postby econoMIC » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 7:43 pm

ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
econoMIC wrote:

Doesn't work for my family. I got 6, but born in May. Wife got 0, don't know what that's supposed to tell?

Do you have SXX with XX being your year of birth or are you one of the old generation with S1,S2 or S3?
a.k.a. littlegreenman

wcs
Chatter
Chatter

Postby wcs » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 12:56 am

My friend born in jan with the newer style number, eg S86.. has a 0 as the third digit. Would they be using 0-3 to represent quarters?

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ProvenPracticalFlexible » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 1:20 am

econoMIC wrote:
ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
econoMIC wrote:

Do you have SXX with XX being your year of birth or are you one of the old generation with S1,S2 or S3?

Not the old generation, well whatever is old, but both of us have a S7X as a valid year for 70s babies. and the rest doesn't match with the theory. I really destroy it, but our ICs just dont' match with it.

xtasy010
Regular
Regular

Postby xtasy010 » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 4:33 pm

Interesting, my year of birth matches, but the 3rd digit matches with wcs's theory 0-3 (Citizen born during 1st,2nd,3rd,4th qtr of the year), 4-7 (PR born in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th qtr of the year).

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Postby econoMIC » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 4:45 pm

xtasy010 wrote:Interesting, my year of birth matches, but the 3rd digit matches with wcs's theory 0-3 (Citizen born during 1st,2nd,3rd,4th qtr of the year), 4-7 (PR born in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th qtr of the year).

Doesn't work for me though. 3rd digit is 6 and my birthday is December. Guess the whole system doesn't work apart from the year then... Thanks for checking with me.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

finn115

Singapore PR Rejected - Re-apply, is it viable?

Postby finn115 » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 2:15 pm

Hello,

My wife and I had applied as a couple in June 2009 for PR with my wife being the primary applicant and I, being the dependent. My wife holds a Q-Pass and I hold a P-Pass. We took a conscious decision of her being the primary applicant as she is working here in Singapore since 2 years whereas I was in Singapore for 6 months at the time of application. However, our application got rejected last week.

Now, I wish to re-apply as the primary applicant with my wife being the dependent. The reason being I am on a better work-pass, higher income level and academic qualifications. Also I have completed 1 year in Singapore.

Is this advisable? or is there an forum within ICA to review our rejected application?

Your thoughts are highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!