Singapore Expats Forum

Early Check-In Emirates

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 9:02 pm

ScoobeyDoes, thought I'd covered that in a previous post :) And no, CX (and others) will offload low-fare or non-revenue pax, and put on a fullfare Gold or high net value pax if the flight is "full". They only reserve the "nice" rows so seat allocs can be done based on the criteria mentioned before.

Don't believe everything the airlines tell you :)
Last edited by sierra2469alpha on Thu, 13 Aug 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 9:04 pm

Is anybody else wondering why littlegreenman has given himself such a nic when he's anything but? :P

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 9:12 pm

Plavt - sure you can change up until the equipment is due on ramp but before M&E (Maintenance and Engineering) clear the equipment for flight, and once despatch (Flight Ops) have cleared it to go (due to crew schedules etc.). Most decent a/l's with good online checkin sites allow you to do this before one or both of those two events occur. Most airlines however don't have this, even in this "modern" age.

Cheers, Mr. P

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:11 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote: And no, CX (and others) will offload low-fare or non-revenue pax, and put on a fullfare Gold or high net value pax if the flight is "full".

CX, and others, tend to have a more relaxed attitude than SQ also towards OpUps and i would say that overall almost 40-50% of all my flights were upgraded in order to fill the tail.

It was getting to the stage i half expected an upgrade and was actually disappointed when it didn't happen but at least that often meant the seat next to me was empty anyway.

My wife has also had quite a few, as a lowly Green Card holder.

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby littlegreenman » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 4:56 pm

Okay to answer my own question:

went to the airport 24 hours before departure and only the emirates early check-in counter was open (doh). I had my emergency exit seats for both sectors (sin-dxb-lgw) within two minutes, only that they couldn't take my luggage that early (which I didn't want to check in a day before anyway). So it was perfect to me and I managed to beat the Aussies to eat who would fly off before me from Brisbane on that flight.

Btw, when I checked in at LHR on the flight to SIN I was told they can not get me an emergency exit seat for the second flight DXB-SIN. Honkers, they just didn't know how to but the SATS staff manning the Emirates counter on the way back did!