Singapore Expats Forum

New Guy Here Need HELP Making Decision - Any Americans Here?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

NexProGen

New Guy Here Need HELP Making Decision - Any Americans Here?

Postby NexProGen » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 2:42 am

Hi I'm Rich. I'm currently in Florida, USA

I just joined the forum today...

Are there any Americans here btw.

Anyways I have been debating where I would like to expat to.

I originally intended to go to Europe... The Czech Republic to be exact, but I am slowly starting to loose my interest in that.

A few months ago I saw this video with Jim Rogers. Investor extraordinaire on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNcecTvHf_s

I respect Jim Rogers and his opinion, so that is why I am now kicking the tires on Singapore. I would like to network with some fellow yanks like myself about how things are going there for you.

I'm still thinking about the Czech Republic though. I've wanting to go there for years. Singapore is new interest for me since a few months ago when I saw the above video.

Your input will be greatly appreciated.
You can either leave me a message here, or email me at <DELETED>

Thank you,
Rich
Banned

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 7:13 am

While you might want Singapore, the question is why would Singapore want you? You cannot just waltz in here and set up shop. You need to be able to bring something to the table. Especially in the current economy. Granted it's not as bad as the US but then Singapore has pretty much got the underpinnings right and do not have any foreign debts but huge reserves (comparatively to it's size). It just doesn't welcome all and sundry to come and park as they have limited space so all need to be productive.

Yes, there are a couple of Yanks on the board, but I don't hold that against them.

:lol:

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby littlegreenman » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 2:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:While you might want Singapore, the question is why would Singapore want you? You cannot just waltz in here and set up shop. You need to be able to bring something to the table. Especially in the current economy. Granted it's not as bad as the US but then Singapore has pretty much got the underpinnings right and do not have any foreign debts but huge reserves (comparatively to it's size). It just doesn't welcome all and sundry to come and park as they have limited space so all need to be productive.

Yes, there are a couple of Yanks on the board, but I don't hold that against them.

:lol:

Man has got a point, as always. What skills do you have? What is your educational background?

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 5:24 pm

i'm surprised sms didnt bring out his tic toc tic toc clock out.....

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 5:48 pm

Rich,

TIC TOC TIC TOC

How curious. One post about wanting to move to Singapore and a link in your sig that points to an internet marketing page that just happens to say:

"We're global, though Singapore is one of our key growth areas right now!"

I'd say you are using this forum to spam us with an internet marketing program which has been described as a scam.

Prove to me that I am wrong if you want to keep this thread alive.

Moderator.

Edited Aug 13, 17:57 - Scam - Wealth Masters - large ticket sales - GPT = get paid today.

jake.b

Postby jake.b » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 9:25 pm

Hey eagle

I saw that you are from Texas? I just moved here from Houston / Sugarland area. There are alot of us here for a particular chemical plant project going on for the next few years.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 2:16 pm

jake.b wrote:Hey eagle

I saw that you are from Texas? I just moved here from Houston / Sugarland area. There are alot of us here for a particular chemical plant project going on for the next few years.

I am from Southwest Houston/Bellaire area. I've sent you a PM about hooking up for a beer.

Cheers.