Singapore Expats Forum

Unmarried Visa

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bigm

Unmarried Visa

Postby bigm » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 1:53 am

Hi,

I have been offered a job in Singapore, I am looking to move out with my partner who is pregnant, only problem is we are not married, will she be able to get a dependants visa and have the child in Singapore? We are from the UK, any help or advise would be appriciated.

Thanks

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 4:03 am

She will be able to come with you. You will need to apply for a Long Term Social Visitor Pass (LTSVP). You will need a letter from your government recognizing your relationship as Defacto or Common Law is not recognised in Singapore - This will probably be easier done in Singapore as your embassy here know the proceedure.
Be Like Water

bigm

Postby bigm » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 5:07 am

That is a big held, Thank you. Do you know what we will need to get the letter for Common Law? Do you Know how long the procedure wil take?

Many Thanks

LondonLady

Postby LondonLady » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 8:42 am

Hi

I am also here on a LTSVP which runs off of my partners EP. We had a notary come to our house in Singapore which was organised by the immigration lawyers that my partners employer uses. We signed a document stating that we were living together as common law man and wife etc and this document was filed with my Visa aplication and we were approved the following day.

I have heard of other instances where the process required more information to be produced, but that was all we were required to do in our case.

Hope that helps.

pacer0928

Postby pacer0928 » Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:50 pm

Hello everybody, was wondering, so it's possible to bring your unmarried boyfriend/girlfriend to Singapore through creating a De Facto relationship record with your embassy here in Singapore?

Does it matter if the nationalities of your boyfriend/girlfriend differs from yours?

I am an American and my girlfriend is Chinese, I'm currently here on a EP.

Seeking more information, thanks in advance for all the help.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Aug 2009 1:24 am

Normally, only if you can prove the de facto relationship was entered into BEFORE you arrived in Singapore. It doesn't work if you started dating a girl here and want to have her live with you. This is especially true if it's an Asian girl.

pacer0928

Postby pacer0928 » Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:16 pm

What if I've been dating the girl for 3 years, and just got to Singapore but we never entered a de-facto relationship?

I think this problem on top of the fact that we are of different nationalities pretty much makes the situation hopeless.

Guess I'm screwed regardless, but I'll call ICA and figure it out.