Singapore Expats Forum

Handyman Needed

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

chrisali31

Handyman Needed

Postby chrisali31 » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 5:18 pm

Hello

Can anyone recomend a trustworthy and reasonably cheap handyman.

I need some storage shelves putting up and the cistern changed in my toilet. Am quite capable of doing it myself except I have spent the last 3 weekends trying to find all the bits and have now decided that some things are just too blooming hard.
Would rather spend the time with the kids and pay someone to do it.
Why is it the simplest little jobs that are the hardest over here, Why is there not a wilksinson or B&Q eqv.

Ahhh maybe there is but I cant find it and now have run out of motivation. Gone full circle..........Anyone know a handiman?????????? :???:

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 6:21 pm

There is a Mr Fix It shop and they have a handyman service. Give them a call and see what they will quote you for the job.
Zeenit

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 8:49 pm

I used this guy for various fix-it jobs in our apt - Ricky Lim #97369196. He was recommended through our Moving Company so I'm sure they jacked up the price - but he said to call him directly if I needed any other work done. You could call for a quote - he was very reliable and did a great job.

carolynW
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carolynW » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 6:27 pm

I use a Mr. Wong 9873 2400, S$30 an hour can fix anything I have thrown at him (pool umbrella), did shelves, figured out how to hang a big item securely, etc.

I don't know if he speaks english and he's quite busy but good.