Singapore Expats Forum

Pool/Billiard Balls?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Pool/Billiard Balls?

Postby cbavasi » Tue, 11 Aug 2009 6:00 pm

Anyone know where I can find a set of these? The kids managed to roll all the balls in the wrong end of the table in our condo and according to my 2 year old "it's too stuck!"

Any help appreciated!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Pool/Billiard Balls?

Postby ksl » Tue, 11 Aug 2009 6:24 pm

cbavasi wrote:Anyone know where I can find a set of these? The kids managed to roll all the balls in the wrong end of the table in our condo and according to my 2 year old "it's too stuck!"

Any help appreciated!
cannot be right! Only the cue ball is different in size as far as I know, so that it returns each time. The other pool balls will be held in the machine and released when a coin is put in. It looks like the cue ball is the one missing, because it is too big, to go where the other balls go, so its rolling around some place!

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Tue, 11 Aug 2009 8:27 pm

Unfortunately she rolled them up the end where the cue ball is supposed to come out and there is a little edge that drops off. The balls are rolling around somewhere behind. There is no coin slot. It's really bizarre... I was actually standing there watching them do this b/c I thought the balls were rolling out the other side. I couldn't figure out why the kids kept fighting over the last couple of balls until I realized she was shoving them back there :o

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:36 am

You should be able to, with the aid of a key, to either lift out the who return ball shelf on the side which will give you access to the white ball area to retrieve the other balls, or the whole baise will be on a hinge so you can lift up so you can retrieve?

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:52 pm

Saint - thanks! We were able to take off the top of the table with the aid of an IKEA tool (go figure) and rescue all the balls along with about 10 ping pong balls, cue chalk and other misc. items... seems mine weren't the first to shove stuff back there :)

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby littlegreenman » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 2:12 pm

cbavasi wrote:Saint - thanks! We were able to take off the top of the table with the aid of an IKEA tool (go figure) and rescue all the balls along with about 10 ping pong balls, cue chalk and other misc. items... seems mine weren't the first to shove stuff back there :)

Hehe, I am glad that is all you found in there.

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 3:44 pm

haha. Too true!!