Singapore Expats Forum

expat ladies Wednesday Coffee Morning

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Swiss Wife

Postby Swiss Wife » Fri, 07 Aug 2009 3:27 pm

I thought it would be nice to organise a small group of expat partners both old and new to Singapore who can meet up and enjoy coffee, meet new friends and exchange tips and advice for enjoying all our free time on this lovely island.

To get started how about we meet at the Coffee Bean outside the Paragon on Orchard Road at 10.30 next Weds. We can plan to meet at a different coffee shop every week... the possibilities are endless....

msn08

Wednesday Coffee

Postby msn08 » Fri, 07 Aug 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks for the invite.

However, this coming Wednesday I've decided to try the ANZA coffee morning at Vivo. It's not by invite but just a turn up and meet, so anyone can pop in.

Once I'm able to PM I will send you my email address for inclusion on your circular as I'll definitely join your next Wednesday catch up.

Swiss Wife

Postby Swiss Wife » Fri, 07 Aug 2009 7:04 pm

www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110178124607

Have set up a facebook page in case anyone can't PM and they can get intouch like this !!!

Its an open page so anyone can join and see when we are meeting and where....also you can see what everyone who is coming along looks like and can come and join us !!!

Special Girl

Great!

Postby Special Girl » Sun, 09 Aug 2009 10:33 am

have added you on my facebook! thanks

Swiss Wife

Postby Swiss Wife » Sun, 09 Aug 2009 10:37 am

fabulous. There are about 8 of us now. will be nice to meet some new people :D

Swiss Wife

Postby Swiss Wife » Wed, 19 Aug 2009 4:26 pm

There are now 24 of us on the facebook group and we have had 2 coffee meetings with 11 for the first and 14 today.
We are a very friendly, chatty bucnh of women from all over the place. We have Singapore, UK, Canada, USA, Australia, Hawaii, Slovakia, India, Taiwan and Germany covered so far.
Anyone else who wants to join us can follow the face book link and add themselves to our group or PM me.
:D

Swiss Wife

Postby Swiss Wife » Fri, 28 Aug 2009 1:48 pm

Hi Judy - thanks for the PM. Here is the link to the group on facebook. Come and join us next Weds at Vivo City - Pacific coffee or T.C.C. outside Plaza Singapura the week after......

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110178124607

look forward to meeting you

Janet

London chick

Postby London chick » Mon, 07 Sep 2009 6:07 pm

Hi there,

Are you all meeting for coffee again this Wednesday (9th Sep)? I'd love to join you, can't send pm messages yet though to get the details :? Let me know where to be/meet, thanks.

Swiss Wife

Postby Swiss Wife » Mon, 07 Sep 2009 7:56 pm

Hi there

I am not going to be there as I am away but there will be about 12 meeting at TCC the coffee shop at Plaza Singapura/Dhoby Ghaut at 10.30. If you are a facebooker join the group from the link and you will see what everyone looks like !!! Otherwise a big group of chatting women can't be too hard to spot !!
maybe see you on the next one ....

Janet

London chick

Postby London chick » Tue, 08 Sep 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks Janet - I will go along tomorrow. Hope to see you another time then.

Brit Chick thanks for your messages too, hopefully see you with the others tomorrow.

lenggan

Postby lenggan » Sun, 13 Sep 2009 6:49 am

Hi there,

Is your gathering still open for new friend? I am local and you can drop an email to lenggan@gmail.com to keep me update. looking forward.
take care and hope to hear from you soon.
cheers,

Leng Gan

Swiss Wife

Weds 16th

Postby Swiss Wife » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 5:14 pm

We will meet at Coffee Bean Outside the Paragon on Orchard Road. Come and join us there.

lou36e

Postby lou36e » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 9:42 pm

Hi Janet,

Thanks for the pm. I haven't made 5 posts yet so can't pm. Coffee would be lovely, see you next week,

Lou

joliefemme536

Postby joliefemme536 » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 7:28 am

Hi,

I'm moving to Singapore March 1st of 2010 from Texas (U.S.). I sent a request to be added to your group on Facebook. Can't wait to meet other expat ladies! :D

- Jennifer
joliefemme536@yahoo.com
Jennifer

lenggan

Postby lenggan » Fri, 18 Sep 2009 1:43 am

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for posting, Welcome you to Singapore in advance. Hope you can adjust yourself in this kind of environment, culture and climate. Do post any question, I sure there are people in this forum willing to provide information to you. Have a great week ahead.
Cheers,

Leng Gan