Singapore Expats Forum

2 passports. Expired passport entried SG once. Uk for visa?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

andrewlondon

2 passports. Expired passport entried SG once. Uk for visa?

Postby andrewlondon » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 9:37 pm

Hey Guys, I have a venezuelan passport (which is close to impossible to renew , please don't ask me why. But remember Venezuela is very close to Cuba) and a British passport.

I entered Singapore last year with my venezuelan passport, and because it is so close to its expiration(1 month) they won't stamp a work permit on it.

I wondered if Singapore will let me present my british passport for the work permit?, and declare that I entered Singapore with another passport some time ago.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: 2 passports. Expired passport entried SG once. Uk for vi

Postby ksl » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:30 pm

andrewlondon wrote:Hey Guys, I have a venezuelan passport (which is close to impossible to renew , please don't ask me why. But remember Venezuela is very close to Cuba) and a British passport.

I entered Singapore last year with my venezuelan passport, and because it is so close to its expiration(1 month) they won't stamp a work permit on it.

I wondered if Singapore will let me present my british passport for the work permit?, and declare that I entered Singapore with another passport some time ago.

If you go to ICA, you can fill in the forms, to have the data transferred to the british passport, because of the other one expiring, at a cost, that is! Takes one day! Early morning collect in the afternoon.

andrewlondon

Postby andrewlondon » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:41 pm

ksl wrote:
andrewlondon wrote:Hey Guys, I have a venezuelan passport (which is close to impossible to renew , please don't ask me why. But remember Venezuela is very close to Cuba) and a British passport.

If you go to ICA, you can fill in the forms, to have the data transferred to the british passport, because of the other one expiring, at a cost, that is! Takes one day! Early morning collect in the afternoon.

Great thanks so much!!!!!!!!!! But, i can't personally go to ICA, im located in venezuela at the moment.. do you happenned to know if the webpage provides that service? I was reading the webaoge and coudnt find anything

andrewlondon

Postby andrewlondon » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:00 pm

ksl wrote:

Sorry I did not mention, I entered singapore last year for vacations with my venezuelan passport, now for the work permit my venezuelan passport is expired, and I was wondering if the work permit can be stamped in my UK passport.

The application form states the following: have you ever entered singapore using a different passport issued by a different country? I would answer yes! with my venezuelan passport for vacations.. But now i got a job and would like to have the visa stamped in my UK passport

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:03 pm

You can get it stamped in another passport. The key is to get it stamped into the passport that you will use to enter and leave Singapore. The catch is you need to be here to get processed.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:10 pm

andrewlondon wrote:
ksl wrote:

Sorry I did not mention, I entered singapore last year for vacations with my venezuelan passport, now for the work permit my venezuelan passport is expired, and I was wondering if the work permit can be stamped in my UK passport.

The application form states the following: have you ever entered singapore using a different passport issued by a different country? I would answer yes! with my venezuelan passport for vacations.. But now i got a job and would like to have the visa stamped in my UK passport

Probably not because companies can only seek WP holders from specific countries..and the UK is not one of them on the list. Although my guess is that you are trying to pull a fast one, because you have applied for a WP with your venezuelan citizenship, which probably covers you for the WP.

The british passport doesn't so your application would be void if you tried to do that.

If its an Employment pass, you should be able to transfer the details to the British passport, because you will meet the minimum requirements for the EP which doesn't restrict British Citizens that i know of.

SMS has a better understanding of this because he his employed in HR, he will turn up, he always does :) Must be his lucky night tonight :roll:
Last edited by ksl on Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrewlondon

Postby andrewlondon » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:24 pm

Well actually is a training employment pass, its for an internship. That's what I thought. But since Singapore likes to control everything, I am a little bit scared of the following: the noticed I enter Singapore for vacations last year with a venezuelan passport.. and now Im requesting an employment pass with a UK passport!.. they could not like it

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:35 pm

andrewlondon wrote:Well actually is a training employment pass, its for an internship. That's what I thought. But since Singapore likes to control everything, I am a little bit scared of the following: the noticed I enter Singapore for vacations last year with a venezuelan passport.. and now Im requesting an employment pass with a UK passport!.. they could not like it

You can request an EP using your UK passport no problem, there is no law, that says you cannot hold two passports, so it is not a crime unless you make it one, by not being truthful on the application. If it asks you about being in Singapore before, your answer is yes, and for what reason you explain.

Your EP takes you into another income bracket minimum 2500$ per month which may qualify you with a british passport. Everything is computerised so your name would probably flagged with a Venezuelan passport. No problem at all if you are honest, you either get the EP or Not.

But you would be a fool to think they do not check all documents including educational qualifications, for forgeries. Just be honest with your details.
Last edited by ksl on Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:35 pm

andrewlondon wrote:Well actually is a training employment pass, its for an internship. That's what I thought. But since Singapore likes to control everything, I am a little bit scared of the following: the noticed I enter Singapore for vacations last year with a venezuelan passport.. and now Im requesting an employment pass with a UK passport!.. they could not like it

Look... a training/employment pass for someone with a UK passport is a hell of a lot different than a work permit for someone coming in from Myanmar.

Write them via email. Chances are better than 90 percent that they don't give a sh*t which passport has your stamp so long as it is valid with more than six months. You got approved... the rest is details.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:36 pm

Okay, I received your PM and answered it before reading this thread. Lots more information here. If you are going to be on a training pass, I would assume it will be an Professional based one and not a Work Permit based one.

Training Employment Pass

Training Work Permit

However, if the pass hasn't been applied for yet, then just submit it using the data from the new passport. I doubt if you are applying for the Training Work Permit as you would not be from a traditional source country so it's doubtful you would have been issued one regardless of which passport you used. If it's a Training Employment Pass, it won't make any difference as it's educational facility based anyway.

sms

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 07 Aug 2009 1:23 pm

Shouldn't be a problem. We hold dual nationality and simply had our visas transferred to the passports we use more often now.

Your best bet would be to call the Singapore Embassy in Caracas and ask their advice.

'nuff said Image

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby littlegreenman » Sat, 08 Aug 2009 12:36 am

Guys, he doesn't even have a visa yet. He once went to Singapore on his Venezuelan passport as a tourist and is asking whether he can now apply for a visa using his British passport.

Answer: YES YOU CAN. Nothing to transfer at all. Just mention in the application that you previously entered Singapore on your Venezuelan passport as a tourist and you have dual citizenship. Take 1 minute and nothing you need to transfer or do, no high commission/embassy you need to see.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 08 Aug 2009 12:37 am

littlegreenman wrote:Guys, he doesn't even have a visa yet. He once went to Singapore on his Venezuelan passport as a tourist and is asking whether he can now apply for a visa using his British passport.

Answer: YES YOU CAN. Nothing to transfer at all. Just mention in the application that you previously entered Singapore on your Venezuelan passport as a tourist and you have dual citizenship. Take 1 minute and nothing you need to transfer or do, no high commission/embassy you need to see.

:D :D

andrewlondon

Lol

Postby andrewlondon » Sat, 08 Aug 2009 8:02 am

You guys are funny!! Hope to be working in Singapore soon! we should have beers together!

andrewlondon

Ty for your help

Postby andrewlondon » Sat, 08 Aug 2009 8:03 am

Thank you for everything guys! :D