Singapore Expats Forum

what is the best place to bring a friend from Taiwan to go?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

mike_jun

what is the best place to bring a friend from Taiwan to go?

Postby mike_jun » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 7:58 am

only have 1 day

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 12:45 pm

Taiwan porridge restaurant?

A lot depends on if shes cute or not.

Give us a bit more clues, are they the sort who likes food, sport, nightlife, nature trekking? 60 or 20 years old?

Gay etc?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: what is the best place to bring a friend from Taiwan to

Postby ksl » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 1:32 pm

mike_jun wrote:only have 1 day
I would suggest the boat quay for a lite meal, if they are interested in museum, there is plenty of choice, within walking distance. A trip around Arab street area adds a taste of the cultural mix, along with Little India, Taiwanese do not have these cultural backgrounds, and they love food, so sampling the delights will be nice. Night Safari which they do not have.

The Taiwan porridge in Singapore maybe disappointing, my wife being Taiwanese say's the food in Taipei, is much better and is rather disappointed with the attempts to reproduce the same taste in Singapore, my daughter too who was raised on grandma's porridge, finds it difficult to eat other recipes for some reason.

So 3 things Taiwan doesn't have. Arab Street , Little India, and a Night Safari, will keep you busy. Boat quay and Clarke Quay may just add the topping to a nice day
Last edited by ksl on Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrewlondon

seriously

Postby andrewlondon » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:17 pm

I loved the zoo!

seesee

Postby seesee » Sun, 09 Aug 2009 11:42 pm

One day only? Food Republic(LUNCH), DFS @ Orchard follow by Orchard ION, vivo city.

it all depends on whether she/he can tolerate the hit and etc.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 10 Aug 2009 3:12 am

Business or friend friend.

If business go for seafood than hit Duxton or one of the other KTV's. I do business in Taiwan all the time and one thing I can vouch for is they can out drink even the most seasoned Ang Mo so better to have distractions for them.
Be Like Water

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:14 pm

Bafana wrote:Business or friend friend.

If business go for seafood than hit Duxton or one of the other KTV's. I do business in Taiwan all the time and one thing I can vouch for is they can out drink even the most seasoned Ang Mo so better to have distractions for them.
:lol: