Singapore Expats

Where to go what to do in Singapore?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Nath21
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Nath21 » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks again alright going to take them to Funan, wakeboarding Monday definitely not as busy im guessing, champagne brunch is good idea but I'll leave that for my wife and mum rather than the guys, I have heard about the Swishotel and wanted to go might drop new asia bar for that. I have walked past the golf simulator in club street but havent tried it yet will check out the prices, Cable car was in the plans especially as it close to home.

Anyone have another bar / club suggestions I could take them to for past 11.00pm? (for either Friday or Saturday)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 7:03 pm

Nath21 wrote:Anyone have another bar / club suggestions I could take them to for past 11.00pm? (for either Friday or Saturday)
I didn't tell you but all the bars in the Tanjong Pagar area are open late and filled with the ladies.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 7:50 pm

how about geylang? open late night too.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 8:47 pm

Yep, I was going to suggest a walking tour of Geylang too. Followed by a trip to Petain Road. Followed by a stroll down Desker Road. By the time you hit the bottom of Desker Road, your desperate friend might decide that he ain't so desperate after all! (It will certainly give them a fresh new perspective on Singapore's conservative Asian values...)
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:16 am

A problem we had one night around Geylang / Joo Chiat was that many bars didn't let us inside or if we got inside were told there was no seats, even though we were standing next to an empty bar.

Given this, we went to Tanjong Pagar for a few drinks and one had a really good live band :P

sassy5
Regular
Regular

Post by sassy5 » Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:36 am

i dont think u have to spend a night in geylang.. perhaps u can jus bring them to mongkok dimsum (http://www.yebber.com/review/mongkok-dim-sum/), the dimsum there is probably one of the best at ultra reasonably prices. :)

as for lil india, i wont suggest u to bring them there on a sunday... can try either gg after midnight or during the weeknights. itz quite nice to jus sit at any coffeshop,have a teh tarik or teh halia and ppl watch. :)

and maybe a brunch at dempsey? jones (http://www.jonesthegrocer.com/) the brunch is pretty good.

and maybe jewel box (http://www.mountfaber.com.sg) at mt faber.

hope these helps. :)