Singapore Expats Forum

Long term Visitor Pass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2009

Long term Visitor Pass

Postby trishol » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 10:06 pm

How can I obtain part time work on a Long Term visitor pass ? Is this possible ? I am a teacher. I would like to work 3 days a week.

User avatar
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat, 28 Mar 2009
Location: London/Singapore

Postby littlegreenman » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 11:38 pm

Not possible from what I know. Only if you are own a dependent pass or EP/PR you can work.

Maybe you can give us some more details. On which basis did you get a LTSVP and do you have family ties in Singapore?

User avatar
Posts: 35175
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 11:53 pm

The short answer is no, you are not allowed to work on a LTSVP or any type of visit pass. Only on one of the various work passes. If caught, employer is fined and you are booted out of the country. With the high unemployment at the moment, the slightest wiff of illegal work will send a local scurrying to the MOM to report it so it's not worth the gamble.

You could possibly work on a Work Holiday Pass but there are educational qualifications that must be met before you can do so. ... _Pass.html

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests