Singapore Expats Forum

Solo Cups

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

riley1984
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 03 Aug 2009

Solo Cups

Postby riley1984 » Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:26 am

Does anyone know where can i buy Solo disposable cups in Singapore? 16oz.
Red, Blue or Orange. Anything.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34268
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:48 am

If they don't HAVE to be Solo (tm), there are plenty of plastic disposable cups here that do the job just as efficiently. Go to any housing estate mom & pop shop selling plastic packaging goods and you can buy in various colors including transparent colored plastic ones.

riley1984
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 03 Aug 2009

Postby riley1984 » Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:57 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If they don't HAVE to be Solo (tm), there are plenty of plastic disposable cups here that do the job just as efficiently. Go to any housing estate mom & pop shop selling plastic packaging goods and you can buy in various colors including transparent colored plastic ones.


I should've mentioned that i'm planning to get my Beer Pong game going soon. Is there an alternative here?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34268
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:32 am

Please do not post identical posts in multiple threads. We consider it spam here. - moderator

riley1984
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 03 Aug 2009

Postby riley1984 » Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Please do not post identical posts in multiple threads. We consider it spam here. - moderator


I apologize. So sorry, won't happen again.

riley1984
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 03 Aug 2009

Re: Solo Cups

Postby riley1984 » Wed, 05 Aug 2009 12:14 pm

riley1984 wrote:Does anyone know where can i buy Solo disposable cups in Singapore? 16oz.
Red, Blue or Orange. Anything.


Back to the issue at hand! does anyone know where to get them?


riley1984
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 03 Aug 2009

Postby riley1984 » Wed, 05 Aug 2009 1:24 pm

Thanks so much. Sadly, none of the ones listed carry it.

iamreallyfreezing
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 20 Aug 2009

Solo Cups

Postby iamreallyfreezing » Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:01 pm

I am also looking for solo cups. Did you manage to find them? If yes, where? Thanks.

riley1984
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 03 Aug 2009

Re: Solo Cups

Postby riley1984 » Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:19 pm

iamreallyfreezing wrote:I am also looking for solo cups. Did you manage to find them? If yes, where? Thanks.


BSS is the only local distributor. However, they only bring the cups by order. Min is a carton which is 1000 cups..

The only time you can buy a smaller amount (100<) and straight off the warehouse is if they have stock. sadly they don't.
It only costs a couple hundred for the carton..$200.

They did try to advise me to get some Fabrikal cups.. i don't know if they're good. apparently they're close to solo..

patsy_sg
Regular
Regular
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon, 04 Feb 2008

Postby patsy_sg » Thu, 20 Aug 2009 3:48 pm

go to Tekka Mall, highest floor, I used to buy my solo cups from there. They will repack it in 100's per pack. Different sizes and colours available. If you need the lids they have it too... the store is between 2 artificial flower/plants store. The name is at the tip of my tongue but can't remember!

iamreallyfreezing
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 20 Aug 2009

Postby iamreallyfreezing » Thu, 20 Aug 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks very much.

riley1984
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 03 Aug 2009

Postby riley1984 » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:37 pm

patsy_sg wrote:go to Tekka Mall, highest floor, I used to buy my solo cups from there. They will repack it in 100's per pack. Different sizes and colours available. If you need the lids they have it too... the store is between 2 artificial flower/plants store. The name is at the tip of my tongue but can't remember!


hey i was there last night.. they only have the small ones. i'm looking for 16oz cups.. thanks though.. do you know of anywhere else?

patsy_sg
Regular
Regular
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon, 04 Feb 2008

Postby patsy_sg » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 1:03 pm

they used to have the larger ones (not sure if it's 16 oz)... did you ask them? the lady can be a bit grouchy but she's really nice when you get to know her

iamreallyfreezing
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 20 Aug 2009

Postby iamreallyfreezing » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 1:12 pm

I was there last night too. I did ask the lady and she said she doesn't have bigger ones. And yes, she was grouchy.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests