Singapore Expats Forum

Is it appropriate?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

OK to wear in Singapore?

Yes
40%
No
60%
Only when it rains
No votes

Total votes: 10

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 4:03 pm

Vaucluse wrote:I find it amazing how so very different the Japanese are from the rest of Asia. Good for them to be so individualistically idiosyncratic.

agree!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 4:10 pm

It's interesting why he would even ask whether or not he can wear them here in Singapore considering he's posting from not all that far away in one of our neighbouring countries biggest city. Course they are a necessity there what with the flooding and sewage filled open canals & drains.

Baf, you might be right though about the sales rep thing as I'm pretty sure he's probably been to Singapore already as it's only 900km away.

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 4:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's interesting why he would even ask whether or not he can wear them here in Singapore considering he's posting from not all that far away in one of our neighbouring countries biggest city. Course they are a necessity there what with the flooding and sewage filled open canals & drains.

Baf, you might be right though about the sales rep thing as I'm pretty sure he's probably been to Singapore already as it's only 900km away.

is that supposed to be JKT?
but its high humidity there..and no one wear rubber boots except for the workers :D
at least last time i check..

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 4:32 pm

Maybe he's a Scot or Kiwi with a sheep farm over there. I mean, don't forget, Hunter Boots are rubber wellies, the favourite of sheep herders (sic!) in both countries. I reckon with the fancied up pair he figures maybe he could chat ewe up! :mrgreen:

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 4:40 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Maybe he's a Scot or Kiwi with a sheep farm over there. I mean, don't forget, Hunter Boots are rubber wellies, the favourite of sheep herders (sic!) in both countries. I reckon with the fancied up pair he figures maybe he could chat ewe up! :mrgreen:

lol..

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 4:48 pm

vbelle wrote:is that supposed to be JKT?
but its high humidity there..and no one wear rubber boots except for the workers :D
at least last time i check..

So . . . you are in the habit of checking out construction workers???

Vbelle, I am surprised!

'nuff said Image

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby littlegreenman » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 4:52 pm

vbelle wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Maybe he's a Scot or Kiwi with a sheep farm over there. I mean, don't forget, Hunter Boots are rubber wellies, the favourite of sheep herders (sic!) in both countries. I reckon with the fancied up pair he figures maybe he could chat ewe up! :mrgreen:

lol..

Either a Scot or a Yorkshireman I reckon.

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 5:06 pm

Vaucluse wrote:

Vbelle, I am surprised!

whats to be surprised?they are muscular and sexy! :D
nah..kidding..never fancy sweaty guy..ill wait till they get dry...;p

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 6:00 pm

vbelle wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:

Vbelle, I am surprised!

whats to be surprised?they are muscular and sexy! :D
nah..kidding..never fancy sweaty guy..ill wait till they get dry...;p

No wonder the fertility rate here is so low! :P

nfinitefx

Postby nfinitefx » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 6:19 pm

Yea I'm currently in Jakarta but I've lived my entire life in the US. Been to Singapore for short visits, of course since no planes from the US fly directly to Indonesia. As for sales rep, no I'm not one. But then again, nothing I say could convince you guys. :roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 9:15 pm

Actually, I was convinced when I first replied to your post. That's why it's still there. Normally us moderators just summarily delete what appears to be advertising without any ado whatsoever. I was sorely tempted as I've never seen anybody put up enough pictures like that unless they WERE selling something. Or hoping a big fat curly ewe was surfing the net! :mrgreen: :lol:

And you wore wellies in the US? Let's see, according to the USDA the state that produces the most sheep is Texas! Bet you got along real good with them good ole boys! running around in your wellies! :o

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 10:36 pm

if only there's padi fields in singapore, those boots will be handy.

then again, most of them in the padi field are kaki ayam anyway. :P :)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 05 Aug 2009 1:58 am

durain wrote:if only there's padi fields in singapore, those boots will be handy.

then again, most of them in the padi field are kaki ayam anyway. :P :)
My experience of Singapore tells me there is more demand here than we relise, although not my scene, I never forget the day me and my commander swapped our ferret keys, for a place to sleep in Malaysia. These Countries out here are probably the first countries that self expression of sex and profanity were liberated before the powers of B took over.
It's in the blood of all countries, and more here because it was a way of life in th e past, and still is today, in a bigger way. I would think this person doesn't have a problem at all, walking in his rubber boots. Providing he stays within the laws. :) I've seen it all not done it all! Thank god, but i must say the feeling of rubber in this heat is maybe a cold experience. But i have seen some punks here that dress like it!

At 59 yrs I must admit some of the white witches music I like, since I am acquainted with the darker side of life

Return to “General Discussions”