Singapore Expats Forum

Has anyone else had these error messages on the forum

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

soniawh

Has anyone else had these error messages on the forum

Postby soniawh » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 8:44 pm

A friend of mine asked me to post this as she is experiencing difficulties when trying to post or answer posts, see below

I am having lots of problems logging into the site. Sometimes I can log in, sometimes not, I can not always access the topics and if i can I can't always access individual threads....
I have managed to place an ad but can not reply to the people who have sent me a message - when i try i get a 404 error. I can not post on any forums. I have tried to post this query at least 10 times.....

here are a couple of the error messages I am getting. I don't think there is something wrong with my computer as I use either a PC or a macbook and have similar problems with both..... any thoughts / advice ???

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

404 page unknown.

arning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0.

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/public_html/includes/sessions.php on line67.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:00 pm

go into tools on the browser and check the security settings, it looks like cookies may not be turned on. better to reset to default and try again.

If i t doesn't work post in the computer electronics thread.

soniawh

Postby soniawh » Fri, 07 Aug 2009 6:12 pm

ksl wrote:go into tools on the browser and check the security settings, it looks like cookies may not be turned on. better to reset to default and try again.

If i t doesn't work post in the computer electronics thread.

Problem now sorted, so how do I delete this as don't want to waste peoples time answering something that is nolonger a problem.

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Fri, 07 Aug 2009 6:18 pm

No problem leaving this as ksl has answered the problem and others who might have the same problem can also read.

Swiss Wife

Postby Swiss Wife » Sat, 08 Aug 2009 6:11 pm

Thanks Sonia

Plavt / ksl - Sonia was asking for me I was having lots of problems accessing the site and was continually getting those error messages and the only reason it is sorted is because I set up a new account.... still if I try to access under my old account i get the errors and it is very hit and miss with what I can view...

I did the browser things, set my security to very low, reset the options n my site profile but was still having problems on both mac and desktop. It was only when I saw Sonia was able to log on and use the site on my laptop I set up a new account......

So still not sure what the problem was......