Singapore Expats

Expats in Singapore

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Expats in Singapore

Post by Jeppo » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:21 pm

It seems to me there are more and more expats like this coming to Singapore

kh3

Post by kh3 » Sun, 02 Aug 2009 1:45 pm

LOL!!

I am not the only one addicted to xkcd then! :D

heatht

Post by heatht » Wed, 26 Aug 2009 4:22 pm

This is my favourite XKCD ever:

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:44 am

This apply to Singapore?

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 1:03 am

:wink: because here is safe

but remb no crime doesn;t mean will not happen

just be careful as usual walking alone at night

and ur belongings.

since sg has lot of FT come here to work bound some of them are blacksheep.

this cannot be prevent.

but overall what I know expats like to come sg is because has good working enviornment , sercuirty is better safe

and night life seem not bad either.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 7:15 am

Bit xenophobic aren't you? Are you saying Singaporean do not commit crimes? I watched a gang of Singaporean youths kill a man with chunkels & pipes one night in Sembawang. And yes, the were Singaporeans as it was written up in the papers after they were picked up. Singaporeans also tend to commit snatch thefts a lots as well.

I've got a question for you, how do you tell the difference between a foreign crook and a Singaporean one? Difficult isn't it. So you shouldn't presume that it's the foreigners. Crime was here before there was a high concentration of foreigners as well (I've been here 27 years). And the catch phrase is "Low Crime doesn't mean No Crime" and was originally coined by our very own Addadude here on this board (he the advertising man who had that project).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 4:23 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Bit xenophobic aren't you? Are you saying Singaporean do not commit crimes? I watched a gang of Singaporean youths kill a man with chunkels & pipes one night in Sembawang. And yes, the were Singaporeans as it was written up in the papers after they were picked up. Singaporeans also tend to commit snatch thefts a lots as well.

I've got a question for you, how do you tell the difference between a foreign crook and a Singaporean one? Difficult isn't it. So you shouldn't presume that it's the foreigners. Crime was here before there was a high concentration of foreigners as well (I've been here 27 years). And the catch phrase is "Low Crime doesn't mean No Crime" and was originally coined by our very own Addadude here on this board (he the advertising man who had that project).
:oops: :lol: :wink: ya agreed for ur reply opps I left out

ya there is black sheep among us surely

singaporean also commit crimes

but again I have to say is better be safe don;t take it for granted.

some FT comment sg is safe at night even you are alone walking in the street during wee hrs.

but I do have to caution those don;t take it for granted.
Ya is safe but better becareful if you need to.
better be safe than sorry right?:wink:

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vbelle » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 5:43 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Bit xenophobic aren't you? Are you saying Singaporean do not commit crimes? I watched a gang of Singaporean youths kill a man with chunkels & pipes one night in Sembawang. And yes, the were Singaporeans as it was written up in the papers after they were picked up. Singaporeans also tend to commit snatch thefts a lots as well.

I suppose it wont be the first time you heard singaporean said that crimes are committed by foreign worker??

Actually, other countries also tend to blame immigrants for criminal incidence..

i have no statistics with me..not taking side :D

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 5:50 pm

vbelle wrote:i have no statistics with me..not taking side :D
Did you know that 14% of people make up statistics?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."