Singapore Expats Forum

Ambulances waiting at red lights?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby littlegreenman » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 3:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They're in the MRT stations most of the times. Usually in contingents of 4. I also see them occasionally patrolling orchard road in groups of 4 as well.

Yeah when I left SG two years ago they were a pretty common sight.

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 6:27 pm

I have seen a "Special Operations" truck parked on our old street. Looked sort of like an armored van and would be there for a couple of hours every month or so with a lot of police. Not sure what that was for...

We were just in California and my son was really loving seeing all the police cars. So much so - he walked up to a Target security guard and asked to shake his hand :o . The guy sort of looked at me funny - and I said "we don't see too many policemen (wink, wink) where we live"... he was a good sport and played the part.

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 8:04 pm

Jeppo wrote:
morenangpinay wrote:we keep our door open since no one will come near our door as we have a big labrador inside.

A lab as a guard dog? What's it going to do, lick them into submission? :lol: :P

lol well you know most of the time people here are afraid of large dogs doesnt matter if the dog is friendly lol