Singapore Expats Forum

Apply PR with salary slip 2 company

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

koho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 16 Feb 2009

Apply PR with salary slip 2 company

Postby koho » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 2:07 pm

Hi Expert,

Is it possible for me to apply PR if I have a 6 months salary slip with 2 company ? means is 3 months salary slip for my currenct company and 3 months again is my previous company . a waiting for your reply soon. Thank you

Regards,
Koho

irvine
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon, 15 Dec 2008

Postby irvine » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 2:18 pm

It should be fine as they require six payslips. If you want to be more sure, wait another 3 months then?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 2:40 pm

Sounds good to me. They don't say it has to be from one employer. BUT. Is another job hopper the kind of employee that the country wants as a potential citizen? They are trying to beef up the gene pool, not just add another that will blend in totally with the local population. So they may just ask you wait for an additional 6 months and file again. It's the luck of the draw or ICA officer who handles your case.

koho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 16 Feb 2009

Postby koho » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 3:26 pm

irvine wrote:It should be fine as they require six payslips. If you want to be more sure, wait another 3 months then?


Hm... should be fine as I know. but want to ask you all before I go through over there. btw thanks for the suggestion .. :D

koho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 16 Feb 2009

Postby koho » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 3:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sounds good to me. They don't say it has to be from one employer. BUT. Is another job hopper the kind of employee that the country wants as a potential citizen? They are trying to beef up the gene pool, not just add another that will blend in totally with the local population. So they may just ask you wait for an additional 6 months and file again. It's the luck of the draw or ICA officer who handles your case.


actually I have been in singapore already 1 year plus. in my previous company got 10 months working there and the 3 months is in currenct employer..

but during I change the employer I got problem to apply the EP. I got rejected so many times.now I got my EP alread. so that is the reason I want to apply PR ASAP.. btw thanks for your suggestion. :D

irvine
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon, 15 Dec 2008

Postby irvine » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 8:56 am

Hang in there, Koho.. you will get your PR one day, soon.

User avatar
littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat, 28 Mar 2009
Location: London/Singapore

Postby littlegreenman » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 5:35 pm

From my own experience Singapore is still what it used to be an money matters. I had only worked for two years here in London, had only one P45 for the first 2/3 of the first year when I applied and couldn't get a detailed income breakdown from my employer as was mentioned in the notes and py application was still approved. Reason I guess: good salary, as I am earning Sterling here and live in London. If I was living somewhere in Birmingham or Belfast I would earn maybe less than half because cost of living is much lower and you are in the lower tax band, but as ICA requests gross salary and doesn't seem to consider Purchasing Power Parity or location and tax rates the bottom line is still: with a high income and young age your chances are good.

koho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 16 Feb 2009

Postby koho » Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:38 pm

irvine wrote:Hang in there, Koho.. you will get your PR one day, soon.


Thanks for your suggestion irvine :D

koho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 16 Feb 2009

Postby koho » Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:38 pm

littlegreenman wrote:From my own experience Singapore is still what it used to be an money matters. I had only worked for two years here in London, had only one P45 for the first 2/3 of the first year when I applied and couldn't get a detailed income breakdown from my employer as was mentioned in the notes and py application was still approved. Reason I guess: good salary, as I am earning Sterling here and live in London. If I was living somewhere in Birmingham or Belfast I would earn maybe less than half because cost of living is much lower and you are in the lower tax band, but as ICA requests gross salary and doesn't seem to consider Purchasing Power Parity or location and tax rates the bottom line is still: with a high income and young age your chances are good.


Yeah.. in singapore is all the money matters.. Thanks for you sharing experience :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andreasodi and 2 guests