Singapore Expats Forum

Need financial advice

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sanjangr

Need financial advice

Postby sanjangr » Mon, 20 Jul 2009 6:24 am

Hi,

I'm a foreigner who studied in singapore and recently started working.
I was graduated from a local polytechnic and now earning a salary of around 1.8k monthly working in the IT field.

These are my questions:

1. Why I cannot have a credit card? why there is a income cap of 30K per annum? Are all the people in singapore earning more than 30K per annum? Its hard to believe its true but almost everyone seem to posses a credit card. and i dont think every one graduated with a degree.

2. I have worked more than 1 year now. and haven't got a salary increase? when can i expect a salary increase? and how much will it be on an average? so i can calculate on when i can be rich enough to affford a credit card.

3. Is it really necessary to buy a health insurance, and why there are 2 types of insurance for critical conditions and hospitalization. it seems very unfair.

4. will i ever be able to afford a car in singapore?

Please advise..
:cry:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 20 Jul 2009 6:57 am

If what you are posting is true then why are you posting from a California Internet Provider?

You answer my question & I'll answer yours.
:roll:

tic....toc....tic.....toc.....

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Mon, 20 Jul 2009 8:20 am

and the last time i checked the limit to qualify for an employment pass was 2.4 K
( not sure how this works with all the foreign building labourers thou)

I reckon the bank are not only protecting themselves but you from building a debt you can't afford to pay back.

Some come on then sanjangr....what miraculos scheme have you. that ends all your woes and gives you insurance to boot :D

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 20 Jul 2009 8:50 am

That's the problem with spammers trying to get passed a numerical post count filter in order to keep their links up. They try to build up enough posts to pass that and then start posting their links. They got to get up earlier in the morning on this board though. :wink:

His partner, posting from the same IP is up to around 13 one liners now almost all in the same thread. But I'm watching as he's already been tagged as is this one. If you look at the questions he has posted, all have been discussed recently so a quick scan of various forums on this board has given him the bait to keep a discussion going while he increases his post count.

seriousman

Postby seriousman » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 2:18 pm

Nice one...such a good cyber policeman...
Kudos!
Live life to the fullest.