Singapore Expats Forum

Got the In-Principal Approval Letter of Employment Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sacchidanand

Got the In-Principal Approval Letter of Employment Pass

Postby sacchidanand » Sun, 19 Jul 2009 4:33 pm

Hello

I got the In-Principal Approval Letter of Employment Pass, but it is not stamped on my passport.

will my passport get stamped once i reach at airport? Please guide if I will be allowed to enter Singapore with In-principal approval letter of EP.

Also please guide if Do i need to do some processing at Airport ?

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Got the In-Principal Approval Letter of Employment Pass

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 19 Jul 2009 5:01 pm

sacchidanand wrote:Hello

I got the In-Principal Approval Letter of Employment Pass, but it is not stamped on my passport.

will my passport get stamped once i reach at airport? No. Please guide if I will be allowed to enter Singapore with In-principal approval letter of EP. As long as you have what ever visit VISA you would normally be required to have to enter Singapore you would be alright.

Also please guide if Do i need to do some processing at Airport ? No. Nothing more than you would coming here as a tourist.

Thanks

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:28 am

will my passport get stamped once i reach at airport? Please guide if I will be allowed to enter Singapore with In-principal approval letter of EP.

Thanks

Hey Sacchidanand,

Just chill man! Singapore immigration is very easy. Not like the US. You will be really surprised, In fact the immigration at the Indian airport was very shady and the guy asked me some crazy questions and I was wondering if is expecting some under the table from me or something.

But at the Singapore immigration they will just have a look at your In principle approval letter and then stamp your visa with a rubber stamp and on the white card that you will get in the plane.

So dont worry its very simple and efficient here.

Cheers,
Revhappy

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:58 pm

Thanks

just make sure you have your visa to be allowed in the Country

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 1:11 pm

ksl wrote:

Thanks

just make sure you have your visa to be allowed in the Country

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As long as you have what ever visit VISA you would normally be required to have to enter Singapore you would be alright.]

a112143

Yes

Postby a112143 » Fri, 07 Aug 2009 3:11 pm

Hey Sacch,

Yes you can. Once you land at Singapore, you need to hand your EP approval to the immigration officer and she'll stamp you with a 30 day on-arrival VISA. The first thing you need to do after that is, go to the MOM and get your passport stamped and have your EP issued. Once that's done you will have a VISA for the duration specified in the EP.