Singapore Expats Forum

Hardware Store – East Coast Area…

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

AndyD
Regular
Regular

Hardware Store – East Coast Area…

Postby AndyD » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:11 am

Morning Everyone,

Can anyone please direct me to a hardware store in East Coast area – I have been told Bedok will have some, but I have tried Google, Street Directory etc and haven’t had much luck in getting an address. I am without car so would ideally like an address before I set out, rather than walking and asking from MRT.

FYI, this is my shopping list if that helps anyone narrow me down to a store that can assist?

• 2 inch wide flexible rubber hose (5 feet).
• Jubilee clips for above 2 inch hose.
• 1 inch wide flexible rubber hose (4 feet)
• 1 Inch jubilee clips.

Many thanks

Andy.

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby dazzlebabe » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:17 am

Have you tried the hardware shop in Parkway Parade (same floor as Giant)?
Just me

DazzleBabe

AndyD
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyD » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:20 am

Thanks dazzlebabe, am out tomorrow so will try garden centre at end of my street, then your suggestion… Any others (?) incase those 2 don’t deliver…

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:58 am

There are a couple of links in my links page below (centre column near the bottom "D.I.Y. / Hardware Stores". Homely Hardware is out in Ubi area near there if the local DIY shop doesn't give any success. There are numerous Hardware stores along Ubi Avenues 1 & 2 (in fact the entire area).

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:54 pm

There's a good one on Bedok Road towards the Upper Changi Road end. It's next to a Tyre place just set back off the road

AndyD
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyD » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 1:02 pm

Cool, thanks everyone – that’s definitely enough to meet my needs… I will try the Ubi Avenue suggestion, as that’s what I was after - an area where they all seem to be, and walk around each… Will start with Homely Hardware…

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Girl_Next_Door » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 1:38 pm

If you go to Siglap Center, there is a Fix-It store inside. Depending on what time you go as well, there is this shop runned by an old man. I cannot remember the shop name (if there is one!) but its very near to the bus-stop at Siglap Center (the bus stop is infront of a 7-11, so if you walk towards Siglap Center, a few more units you will see his shop). He sells all kinda house hold stuff ranging from pails, to hose to nails, etc, and its extremely cheap as well. I know he is closed around evening, but he is definitely opened on weekends.