Singapore Expats Forum

Do I need anyting from the employer after EP approval letter

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

monaG

Do I need anyting from the employer after EP approval letter

Postby monaG » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 6:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a newcomer who arrived here a few days ago. I have got my EP approval letter before I came. Since I haven't report for duty yet, I was wondering if I can go straightly to the minstry of manpower to collect my EP card. Do I need to require anything from my employer or will the minstry of manpower ask anything from my employer?

Thanks a lot for any comments:)

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby dazzlebabe » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 2:57 pm

You will need your passport, white card and the EP approval letter to collect your EP. However, your local employer/sponsor will need to sign and have a company stamp on it before they issue the EP.
Just me

DazzleBabe

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:18 pm

dazzlebabe wrote:You will need your passport, white card and the EP approval letter to collect your EP. However, your local employer/sponsor will need to sign and have a company stamp on it before they issue the EP.

What ARE you talking about? Take your AIP, passport, any other documents noted in the letter, plus completed medical exam to MOM... wait about 5 days to get new EP card.

There is nothing that local employer needs to sign/chop.

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby dazzlebabe » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:53 am

SE did YOU have a HR department or a slave to collect your EP for you?

I handle EP for my company. Once the EP letter has been sent and approved you will need the In-Principle Approval Letter, Original and completed EP declaration form signed by the applicant and his local employer/sponsor, (forgot to add this bit) relevant certs and docs required by MOM; which includes Highest Education Certificate, Marriage Cert if it is with DP, and this will all have to be officially translated to English if it is in a foreign language) and passport.

MonaG, since you have your approval letter, I suggest you read through it carefully to see what is necessary. IF they need your medical exam results, they would have sent you a form/letter. If that medical exam is not necessary (in the case for a colleague of mine), they will just approve the application.

In your approval letter, it should state your FIN number, in any case you need more help, call MOM and they will be the right people to answer any of your questions.

Once you have your approval letter, you should be able to collect your EP within a day if you head down to submit all the forms in the morning. Depending on how long your EP is (1 yr/2yrs) you will have to pay cash/NETS for the EP.
Just me

DazzleBabe

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 6:26 pm

I am the HR department and slave for my company. I have applied for and processed every EP my company has obtained.

There appears to be a process change effective April of this year, and the Completed Declaration Form is only required "if applicable". So, the person may need this form, otherwise, there is no other input required of the employer.

Like you say, read the letter and bring whatever it says to bring.