Singapore Expats Forum

Additional Family details asked by ICA after 2 months of PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sumeelaks143

Additional Family details asked by ICA after 2 months of PR

Postby sumeelaks143 » Sat, 29 Aug 2009 2:26 pm

i have got same letter, and submitted , i dont know how long will take after this , any one has any idea

sarvanan79

Postby sarvanan79 » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 4:34 pm

How did you submit? Did you use the same form (Form 4A) pages to fill up your spouse's family details?

sumeelaks143

Postby sumeelaks143 » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 6:52 pm

ICA sent me ..two page form, i written my detilas and submitted to them ...stil no reply ..more then 100 days gone ..

Rkwin

Postby Rkwin » Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:43 pm

Hi, Does any one know how much time does it take to know the outcome of the PR application after submitting CV's of parents, siblings and parent in laws?

In my case , it is more than 2 months and i still hear " Application is processing"?

Does it happen with anyone that they got the letter however the ICA agent still have Application in process on their system?

I applied PR about 4 months back... any idea how much time it takes now-a-days to get final status?

Regards
Rikwin

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Sep 2009 5:46 pm

Three to six months.

sumeelaks143

Postby sumeelaks143 » Mon, 07 Sep 2009 11:13 pm

i am also in same case ....no idea how long it will take ! ...any one got letter after submitting ..family details ?????

Rkwin

Postby Rkwin » Tue, 08 Sep 2009 1:51 pm

Hi, When i applied for PR - 4 months back, my husband who is on a dependent pass was not working, now he has started working and have got his LOC approved. Should i update this information to ICA ? Will it make any difference as it already 4 months now? Please advise...

Regards
Rikwin

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby littlegreenman » Tue, 08 Sep 2009 3:30 pm

Rkwin wrote:Hi, When i applied for PR - 4 months back, my husband who is on a dependent pass was not working, now he has started working and have got his LOC approved. Should i update this information to ICA ? Will it make any difference as it already 4 months now? Please advise...

Regards
Rikwin

If he is earning a decent wage in a good field of employment it can't hurt. So yes, I would report it and try not to lose any time as 4 months could be very close to decision time.

sumeelaks143

Postby sumeelaks143 » Thu, 24 Sep 2009 9:31 pm

more then 4 month gone ....no hope get any reply ...

Rkwin

Postby Rkwin » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:44 am

same as mine, 4 and a half month gone, no news as yet. When i call ICA, they sometime say " Still under Processing" or say " Pending" some time. Not sure if there is any difference between Pending and Under Process or is it the same thing.

Regards
Rikwin

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:48 am

it can't be as bad as in NZ where i had a shocking experience (in comparison to my wife's various application processes in singapore).

my NZ residency application was handled by someone who couldn't speak english properly (she sounded like she was from south africa - the non-english parts of SA!) and didn't use the computer too often.

then my supporting documents (these were ALL ORIGINAL school transcripts, diplomas, assessments, medical reports and references) went missing, and the officer claimed she contacted me by mail and email (both of which were not true) when i called to find out what the heck was going on.

finally, the application was sent to beijing then new york for someone (at both offices) to contact me to verify everything i've included in the application and to interview me.

after the second interview (both of which was the same, and both whom thought it was funny that i should be interviewed by phone), i told them the process was taking too long by no fault of mine and i'd already shelled out for a new working visa so there's no need for me to become a PR.

i think we've got to remember that during bad economic times, the govt's likely to delay/reject more applications by whatever methods available to them. patience and good luck!

sumeelaks143

Postby sumeelaks143 » Thu, 01 Oct 2009 2:44 pm

Gone case ....no reply 4 moth

nitmuk

Postby nitmuk » Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:02 pm

Hi Guys!!

I apply in end of May 09 for PR. In first week of Aug I was asked by the ICA to submit the CV for me nd my parents/siblings. And after they have gone mute. No response so far. Its almost 5 months now since I have applied for PR and no response from ICA :-(

Has anyone ny success??

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Postby econoMIC » Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:12 pm

I applied April 09 from London and got my approval end of June. However I applied as the spouse of a Singaporean which would indicate that the application process flow is totally different from the technical stream. It is also highly likely that quotas for the technical stream have been used up already and that there is a high backlog given the amount of application currently received by ICA and given the fact that the government is trying to slow immigration.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 05 Oct 2009 8:40 pm

They asked for my siblings's and parents's CV too. Up to six months? Wow, that's long...