Views on living in Sentosa?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Post Reply
queenie71
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:35 am
Location: Singapore

Views on living in Sentosa?

Post by queenie71 » Mon, 13 Jul 2009 9:12 am

Is this fully developed yet?
AM not royally keen on the idea but just looking at all choices.
AM thinking is too isolated but maybe get fab property for lower price than in Holland/Bukit Timah

Family with 2 children who will be going to school - don't even know which school yet.

Singapore Property Search

 

User avatar
Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 862
Joined: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:37 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Darkest Telok Blangah

Post by Addadude » Mon, 13 Jul 2009 9:42 am

Far from getting a lower price than Holland V or Bukit Timah, you may well be paying a 'premium price'. (Sentosa is being positioned as the 'playground of the rich and famous', and there is a big 'integrated resort' (casino) with Universal Movies Theme Park coming up next year.)

It might be best to decide on which school your kids will be going to and then work backwards to find your new home.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3004
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 9:38 pm
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Re: Views on living in Sentosa?

Post by jpatokal » Mon, 13 Jul 2009 2:25 pm

queenie71 wrote:Is this fully developed yet?
AM not royally keen on the idea but just looking at all choices.
AM thinking is too isolated but maybe get fab property for lower price than in Holland/Bukit Timah
Have you actually looked at property prices on Sentosa? There's only one residential zone, Sentosa Cove, and it's probably the single most expensive place in Sg to live!
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Nath21
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed, 20 May 2009 4:02 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Nath21 » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 9:50 am

I can see the sentosa development every day and its huge! It has its own cement mixing area and I counted over 50 trucks lined up waiting to be filled. It will make Vivo city look like a pimple.

That said its not near Sentosa Cove which is on the other side. I also heard the golf course on Sentosa and the one near me on keppell Bay drive are not going to have the leases renewed and if thst the case that will mean even more development to come.

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3004
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 9:38 pm
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 7:04 pm

Nath21 wrote:I can see the sentosa development every day and its huge! It has its own cement mixing area and I counted over 50 trucks lined up waiting to be filled. It will make Vivo city look like a pimple.
That would be Resorts World at Sentosa, aka casino and theme park. No residential property in there at all as far as I know.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11504
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:48 pm

Nath21 wrote:I can see the sentosa development every day and its huge! It has its own cement mixing area and I counted over 50 trucks lined up waiting to be filled. It will make Vivo city look like a pimple.

That said its not near Sentosa Cove which is on the other side. I also heard the golf course on Sentosa and the one near me on keppell Bay drive are not going to have the leases renewed and if thst the case that will mean even more development to come.
I cannot imagine that Sentosa, the recreational getaway in Singapore, will not have the golf courses... just doesn't make sense. More realistically, someone better connected, and with more money, wins the new concession.

queenie71
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:35 am
Location: Singapore

Post by queenie71 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:48 am

Thanks for all the feedback - guess is not really an option!!!

MinniMe
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 8:09 am
Location: 6th Avenue area

Post by MinniMe » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 3:25 pm

Check the schools first and if you need the school bus, check if they pick up from Sentosa! My daugher's school does not pick up from Sentosa.

ALILEWIS
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:06 pm
Location: SINGAPORE

Post by ALILEWIS » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:21 pm

queenie71 wrote:Thanks for all the feedback - guess is not really an option!!!
I HAVE NOW LIVED ON SENTOSA ISLAND FOR ONLY TWO WEEKS AND SO FAR LOVE IT. THINK IT WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE FOR A FAMILY WITH KIDS. THERE ARE FALMILIES AT THE COAST IN SENTOSA COVE WERE I LIVE......

ALILEWIS
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:06 pm
Location: SINGAPORE

Re: Views on living in Sentosa?

Post by ALILEWIS » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:25 pm

jpatokal wrote:
queenie71 wrote:Is this fully developed yet?
AM not royally keen on the idea but just looking at all choices.
AM thinking is too isolated but maybe get fab property for lower price than in Holland/Bukit Timah
Have you actually looked at property prices on Sentosa? There's only one residential zone, Sentosa Cove, and it's probably the single most expensive place in Sg to live!
THIS IS NOT TRUE...WE MOVED TO SENTOSA COVE AFEW WEEKS AGO AND IT DEFINATLEY IS NOT THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLACE TO LIVE IN SINGAPORE...WE ARE AT "THE COAST" IN SENTOSA COVE...IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND VERY AFFORDABLE

User avatar
durain
Director
Director
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 8:15 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by durain » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:26 pm

ALILEWIS wrote: I HAVE NOW LIVED ON SENTOSA ISLAND FOR ONLY TWO WEEKS AND SO FAR LOVE IT. THINK IT WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE FOR A FAMILY WITH KIDS. THERE ARE FALMILIES AT THE COAST IN SENTOSA COVE WERE I LIVE......
pssst... your caps lock is ON. :wink:

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3004
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 9:38 pm
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Re: Views on living in Sentosa?

Post by jpatokal » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:23 pm

ALILEWIS wrote:THIS IS NOT TRUE...WE MOVED TO SENTOSA COVE AFEW WEEKS AGO AND IT DEFINATLEY IS NOT THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLACE TO LIVE IN SINGAPORE...WE ARE AT "THE COAST" IN SENTOSA COVE...IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND VERY AFFORDABLE
A 10-second Google gets me these prices from an ad posted yesterday:

7.5K 3 Bedroom (BR)
9.5K Up 4BR
10.5K Up 4BR Premium
11.5K Up 4BR Super
13KUp 3BR Penthouse

Admittedly not as outrageous as I thought (and in fact I even didn't know Sentosa Cove had a high-rise condo....), but I'd still hesitate to call those prices "affordable".
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

ALILEWIS
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:06 pm
Location: SINGAPORE

Re: Views on living in Sentosa?

Post by ALILEWIS » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:47 pm

jpatokal wrote:
ALILEWIS wrote:THIS IS NOT TRUE...WE MOVED TO SENTOSA COVE AFEW WEEKS AGO AND IT DEFINATLEY IS NOT THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLACE TO LIVE IN SINGAPORE...WE ARE AT "THE COAST" IN SENTOSA COVE...IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND VERY AFFORDABLE
A 10-second Google gets me these prices from an ad posted yesterday:

7.5K 3 Bedroom (BR)
9.5K Up 4BR
10.5K Up 4BR Premium
11.5K Up 4BR Super
13KUp 3BR Penthouse

Admittedly not as outrageous as I thought (and in fact I even didn't know Sentosa Cove had a high-rise condo....), but I'd still hesitate to call those prices "affordable" we don't pay that much at "The Coast" you can try and get prices cheaper as "The Coast" is more than half empty
[/list][/code]

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Property Talk, Housing & Rental”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests