Singapore Expats Forum

Non smoker at risk posed by smokers

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

poohbear

Non smoker at risk posed by smokers

Postby poohbear » Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:36 pm

Singaporean are smoking themselves to death, as if not enough, more and more young folk and working class people are joining the leauges, never have we in the history of Singapore see the emerging malay youths, young chinese girls and even old woman plus working young professional waiting to let lung cancer and heart disease to devor them like a lion.

As it is unlikely for govt to ban smoking in spore, i realised that the main reason for the rise is that cigarette prices are relatively afforable. Currently the cheapest ciagrette is only $6 for 20 stick pack, that mean one stick is only $0.30 ($6/20sticks). If singaporean can change their handphone like underwear, what is 30cent to them???No wonder more and more people are indulging in this harmful habits.

But who are the people who suffers the most??Of cos it is none other than non-smokers.

Many smokers are smoking in public places such as taxi-stand,bus stop,public toilet cubicle,lift,coffee shop,crowded places where alot of non-smokers congregate. The fine is $1000 if you are caught smoking in those places mentioned above. We are seeing alot of people breaking the law and getting away.

Many non-smokers are suffering in silent and breathing in the second hand smokers when the law protect them. It is selfish and inconsiderate of smokers to harm their health.

I would like to see the price of sigarette be raised to $15-$20 a pack so that smoker will have to pay a high price for smoking .

dormer

Postby dormer » Sun, 01 Feb 2004 9:35 am

I think it should just be banned, it can be as high as $50 a pack, people still buy. :o

dizzyyy_dev

Postby dizzyyy_dev » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:51 pm

i agree. the government should juz ban it. it benefits all of us anewae.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 6:02 am

Your full of hot (If not smoke ridden) air...

Thanks for an absolute BS post. BTW do you multiple personality syndrome as well as not being able to tell reality from SPH enduced brain death???

Anyway nice attempt at causing a flame war :wink:

Postby Guest » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 9:18 am

Bafana wrote:Your full of hot (If not smoke ridden) air...

Thanks for an absolute BS post. BTW do you multiple personality syndrome as well as not being able to tell reality from SPH enduced brain death???

Anyway nice attempt at causing a flame war :wink:

hot air or not you could at least learn how to spell right or don't you know it?

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 5:04 pm

Anonymous wrote:hot air or not you could at least learn how to spell right or don't you know it?

No I don't know it???

what?

Postby what? » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 5:17 pm

sorry i need to side track. This is an achievement in singaporean sms (spelling) language.

ANEWAE?????

OH MY GOD.

another guest

Re: ..

Postby another guest » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 8:13 pm

what? wrote:sorry i need to side track. This is an achievement in singaporean sms (spelling) language.

ANEWAE?????

OH MY GOD.

Yes, truly sad, isn't it? I mean, isn't the 'point' of sms-speak to shorten the words? ANEWAE is not shorther than ANYWAY, so, what, is it supposed to be cute or something??

(It's NOT :evil: )