Singapore Expats Forum

Bristish Student in Singapore. Any other UK students here?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
andysingapore
Location: Currently Singapore but usually, Oxford, Sheffield or Leicester

Bristish Student in Singapore. Any other UK students here?

Postby andysingapore » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 9:27 pm

Hi,

I'm a student from England doing an internship in Singapore for the summer (July to September 2009) and was wondering if there are any other students/people from the UK here that would like to meet up? I'm 22 and from Sheffield.

Message or email me and we can chat on facebook or something non-scary like that.

Hopefully hear from you soon!

Andy

superted

Postby superted » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:13 pm

Hi Andy

I am Nick I am also a student here studying a phd at NUS, I am here for 4 years. It would be cool to meet up, I m 24 and from leeds so we have something in common yorkshire.

I can not pm yet as i have not made enough posts but this is my email

nicklewty@googlemail.com

Cheers

Nick

andysingapore

Postby andysingapore » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 9:07 am

Ah quality! I know leeds fairly well. I've got a load of friends at uni there and all my family are from Leeds. Doing anything this weekend?

Anyone else on here want to do something this weekend?

superted

Postby superted » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 9:53 am

Tonight i have nothing definate planned so we can go for a pint tonight. Tomorrow i think i am going to heat room on scotts road for $30 all beer you can drink for 3 hours your welcome to join when ever just let me know.

Nick

andysingapore

Postby andysingapore » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:30 am

Hi,

Pint would be nice. I have to get up at 5.45 to catch my work bus (!!!!!) so need to be back home by 10pm though. So if you fancy a pint somewhere near Boon Lay or Lakeside MRT (or close) at 7 then that's cool. Otherwise, the thing on Scott's road sounds fun. Are you going with lots of people? I haven't been out in Singapore yet. What's the dress code?

my email address is andysingapore@gmail.com

A

superted

Postby superted » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 1:51 pm

I mailed you but i will be going with about 6 mostly from the football club i play for. Most of them are older in there 40's but there is another lad mark who is an american and is 23 me and him are good friends.

Wen81

Postby Wen81 » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 4:08 pm

Guys, if you're interested in touch rugby, we're playing a social game at Dempsey field this Sat (11 July 2009), 1-3 pm.
Friendly mix of locals and foreigners if you want to hang with local people too.

As a local, I admit this city can be alittle sleepy and boring but there are plenty of things to do if you look for it - football, dragonboat, ultimate frisbee, rugby, rock climbing(i'm a beginner at Climb Asia)....etc...

:)

titinalee

Postby titinalee » Sat, 01 Aug 2009 9:08 pm

Im a new student in singapore too x.x
nice to meet u and hope u could help me in english :)

jdaniel
Regular
Regular

Postby jdaniel » Tue, 11 Aug 2009 2:58 pm

andy have you been out with the wednesday satay group yet or out clubbing? my french friends have went back leaving me the only guy around who likes to club proper.... haha so if ur into a good time out msg me