Singapore Expats Forum

Lost and found items... eg. passport...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

nordiglyset

Postby nordiglyset » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 7:19 am

Thank you for your replies. No, I am not that short of money. :( Selling passport is the worst idea ever, worse than selling your own kidneys. If someone wants to buy an Identity... it probably isn't a law obeying person and I wouldn't want to pay for what she might commit in my name. Well, I suppose there is nothing much I can do about it :((((((( But thank you all anyways.

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby dazzlebabe » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 9:18 am

There is also that chance that someone else found your passport before the driver, kept it with the intention of handing it over to the police/embassy, got caught up with work, got too busy but will eventually find the time to hand it in.

I once dropped my phone in the cab, called it repeatedly (it was not turned off so I knew no one found it yet), cabbie picked it up after an hour! He said his music was drowning out the ringing phone but someone heard it, handed it over to him and I was reunited with the phone 2 hours later!

Not everyone in Singapore is keen to pocket found items and I don't think the average Singaporean knows even where find these so-called "black market". Most of them are pretty law abiding especially when it comes to official papers/documents etc.

Hope you find your passport soon. I know you would have gotten a new one by then but it would be more of a relief that there isn't another "you" out there trying to smuggle things :)
Just me

DazzleBabe

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:10 am

durain wrote:if you dont get your passport back, it will probably end up in the blackmarket. as sierra2469alpha mentioned, you need to report it asap to the police and your embassy.

Durain, you mentioned Blackmarket not Sierra and now YOU shouting about people say Singaporeans are crooks.....

Maybe you should be more careful in future or Just maybe you having a real bad day.

And dont shout at me. :-|
Zeenit

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:38 am

Zeenit wrote:
durain wrote:if you dont get your passport back, it will probably end up in the blackmarket. as sierra2469alpha mentioned, you need to report it asap to the police and your embassy.

Durain, you mentioned Blackmarket not Sierra and now YOU shouting about people say Singaporeans are crooks.....

Maybe you should be more careful in future or Just maybe you having a real bad day.

And dont shout at me. :-|

Zeenit, maybe you want to look at durain's punctuation again. I don't think durain claimed sierra said it.......

......it will probably in up in the blackmarket. (fullstop) (new sentence - albeit without the Upper case "a") as sierra2469 mentioned, you need to report it asap to the police and your embassy.

:oops: :wink:

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 5:01 pm

where me got bad day? sms was spot on. i wouldnt put words in people's mouth...

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 1:03 am

durain wrote:where me got bad day? sms was spot on. i wouldnt put words in people's mouth...
How can you have a bad day on a Thursday? Didn't get your oats! Or was it durian :P Most of us knew what you meant anyway :wink: Didn't get your oats! :roll: Normal lah!