Singapore Expats Forum

Why Singapore Expat is not allowing me to send a PM

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
movetosingapore2009

Why Singapore Expat is not allowing me to send a PM

Postby movetosingapore2009 » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 4:43 am

Can someone please help me out here. I got a private message and was trying to reply using PM feature, but the system tells that the feature is restricted until I make more posts! This does not make sense. I post when I need to, not for the sake of activating the PM feature. Has anyone experienced the same problem in Singapore Expats?

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 6:41 am

The reason for this is to stop spammers, you will be able to reply to PM's when you have made at least 5 posts.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Why Singapore Expat is not allowing me to send a PM

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 6:50 am

movetosingapore2009 wrote:This does not make sense. I post when I need to, not for the sake of activating the PM feature. Has anyone experienced the same problem in Singapore Expats?

Obviously you haven't been on too many forums. Nobody has experienced your problem. Lot's have experienced this anti-spam safety feature though. In fact, everybody who ever joined this forum and tried to send PM while not being an active participant of the forums themselves.