Singapore Expats Forum

Marketing Salary

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

DandyD

Marketing Salary

Postby DandyD » Tue, 12 Oct 2004 2:48 pm

Hi,

I am thinking of moving to Singapore. I am an Australian female with a degree in Business/ Marketing and 6 years experience in this field.

I am curious as to what salary range i could expect to earn?

I have had a look at a few online job searches and have found the salaries to range form $2-3K.

This seems quite low compared to Australian wages.

Is this what I could expect to be earning?

Thanks

Eric from the Netherlands

Marketing Salary

Postby Eric from the Netherlands » Mon, 18 Oct 2004 7:19 pm

Hi DandyD,

I'd say it depends on the scope / level / organisation you would work for. 2-3K sounds more like the junior roles with assisting responsibilities. It does get much better, once you'd work for the bigger and especially international / multinational companies here in a more senior corporate marketing role.

Were you in marketing or marketing communications. What responsibilities (national, regional, global), what organisation etc.

6 years of marketing experience with an international company and regional responsibilities should pay you anithing between 4-6K per month.

Again, lots of differences due to scope of the job.

Cheers,

Eric

DandyD

Postby DandyD » Tue, 09 Nov 2004 9:02 am

Thanks Eric,

I have been working in a Marketing Coordinating role for a distribution company in Australia. This has meant providing support for our staff based accross Aus & NZ & dealing with 20 different overseas suppliers.

I have a lot of responsibilities in my current position and manage two full time staff. I would be looking for a senior role that hopefully pays at least $4K.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks

Gus

Marketing pay

Postby Gus » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 1:53 am

Hi

You should expect more on expat terms, housing, relocation, travel etc
4k no worries

What u researched on are probably local terms which is not enough.

And if it pays well you travel well. Singapore domestic market is small thus fierce. Travel well will give you extra allowances too.

Good luck with that international firm. Dun overlook HK here's quite a number of Aussies there.

Regards