Singapore Expats Forum

What are my chances of getting an EP?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ggao2009
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 18 Aug 2009

Postby ggao2009 » Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:00 pm

Hi shaziakj, have you finally had your EP approved?

shaziakj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 05 Jul 2009

Postby shaziakj » Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:18 pm

oh yeah...I got it in 2 weeks...am already in Singapore...thanks....

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:25 am

shaziakj wrote:one more question, i read somewhere in this forum that FIN no. is assigned to approved applications only. Is that true?

Doubt it. I did an EP app just this Monday, and while there was no FIN in the original acknowledgement page, it appeared immediately in the printable version.

Then again, the EP was approved the very next day, so maybe they robo-approved it on seeing the salary :cool:
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

xiaomi7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 21 Aug 2009

Postby xiaomi7 » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:43 pm

is MOM EP online application system back up again?

my HR filed my application manually on 6th Aug, yet still no reply. they submitted it manually because the system was down from early Aug. I was told FIN could be issued within 2 weeks, when is around today's date.
does manual application take longer than its quoted on MOM website (4-5weeks) under the current econ condition?

My employer wants me to start working asap, but with the pending EP app, we cant do anything.

I cant check my app status myself without the HR. Our company outsources HR to an agent, but i dun want to push the agent too hard by calling her to check my status everyday......

User avatar
littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat, 28 Mar 2009
Location: London/Singapore

Postby littlegreenman » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 2:14 pm

xiaomi7 wrote:is MOM EP online application system back up again?

my HR filed my application manually on 6th Aug, yet still no reply. they submitted it manually because the system was down from early Aug. I was told FIN could be issued within 2 weeks, when is around today's date.
does manual application take longer than its quoted on MOM website (4-5weeks) under the current econ condition?

My employer wants me to start working asap, but with the pending EP app, we cant do anything.

I cant check my app status myself without the HR. Our company outsources HR to an agent, but i dun want to push the agent too hard by calling her to check my status everyday......


Please do not post your entries twice in different sub-forums. Thx

fkfk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2009

Postby fkfk » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 4:51 pm

hi, i'm in the nervous situation myself. i've got a job here, and my company submitted the EP application more than a week ago. but, the status of my application is still pending input from vetting agencies.
Now, the thing is I got a degree from NTU. I've worked here for about 1.5 years and another year in Dubai, both for jobs relevant to my current application. I'm an indonesian citizen in singapore on visit pass. My previous application didn't take this long if I remembered it right.
Anyone know what they may be vetting? and how long it usually takes? Thanks a lot.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 4:55 pm

fkfk wrote:hi, i'm in the nervous situation myself. i've got a job here, and my company submitted the EP application more than a week ago. but, the status of my application is still pending input from vetting agencies.
Now, the thing is I got a degree from NTU. I've worked here for about 1.5 years and another year in Dubai, both for jobs relevant to my current application. I'm an indonesian citizen in singapore on visit pass. My previous application didn't take this long if I remembered it right.
Anyone know what they may be vetting? and how long it usually takes? Thanks a lot.


3 weeks looks like a typical waiting time so just be patient.

fkfk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2009

Postby fkfk » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 5:03 pm

hi x9200. first of all, thanks for the reply. but, do you have experienced this yourself and you got it in 3 weeks? the next big question is, who is then the people making up the 80% who got their EP done within seven days? again, thanks.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 6:13 pm

P1 EP's. These guys are making in excess of 7k/mo so there is no vetting necessary as the pass in income driven and not paper qualifications driven. Normally, it's easier to justify these guys employment as well as they are usually highly experienced or niche skillsets.

fkfk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2009

Postby fkfk » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 6:56 pm

that's incredible if 80% of the application made is for P1. however, it does seems that there is more requirements for P2 pass, even compared to the Q pass. thanks for the reply.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 8:24 pm

fkfk wrote:hi x9200. first of all, thanks for the reply. but, do you have experienced this yourself and you got it in 3 weeks? the next big question is, who is then the people making up the 80% who got their EP done within seven days? again, thanks.


Yes, this is mine experience. I used to be on EP2 and the first approval took like 2-3 weeks. My HR said at that time that it would take that long. The company was hiring expats on regular basis so I guess this was their experience in general. Later, every subsequent extension of my EP and I did it number of times took around 3 weeks.

fkfk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2009

Postby fkfk » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 8:42 pm

thanks x9200. at least it gives me reference.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 8:49 pm

With the latest tightening up of criteria, you really don't have any reference at all. Just take it day by day. Everything is changing even as we speak.

I'm losing 8 S pass holders on Saturday due to recent changes. Try as I might, I can't get around it. Lot's of others are having problems justifying foreign help as well in the past couple of weeks.

good luck. you might need it.

fkfk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2009

Postby fkfk » Thu, 01 Oct 2009 5:42 am

hi sms. thanks for the advice. but, it is to my knowledge that s-pass is a whole different animal to EP. the point system for s-pass is pretty elaborate. i've actually checked with the mom hotline, they told me that the vetting procedure is for a security reason. thanks for the good luck wish. cheers.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Oct 2009 6:57 am

I'm glad you know it all. It would be a shame if you didn't. Wish I knew that much. After all, I'm the HR & Finance Manager of a local 200+ man SME and fully 50% of my entire workforce is composed of foreigners of all types and working passes from WPs all the way up. As I said, I wish you luck. :roll:

You don't seem to recognize that there is a recession going on and the reason for tightening up all the passes is because of the need to get their citizens employed first.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest