Singapore Expats Forum

Should I write own appeal letter

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

installer

Should I write own appeal letter

Postby installer » Sat, 04 Jul 2009 10:55 pm

Dear All
I have been rejected my spass application by MOM. The reasons is less working experience. I have one year officially working experience. Before officially, I have work part time or OJT at this company about one year and i also have 7 months Freelance IT Teacher and IT Consultant working experience. But, my employer only assume 1 year experience and apply spass application. Fact! i got rejection.

So, Should I need to write my own appeal letter for this when making appeal process. And what the result would be?

What Should I DO?

Please Advice Me
I can't stay cool

Help Me

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:02 pm

From what you have said so far I don't see any point in writing an appeal, you have a reason. The time you mention in your other jobs are in all honesty not a great much, sorry you will just have to live with it. As far as I know they don't consider appeals (one of the locals will probably confirm or deny).

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:49 pm

Only the employer can file the appeal. And it does sound like insufficient experience to me as well. Or at least insufficient considering there are heaps of locals with IT experience equaling yours and then some. The key, especially in IT, is having niche experience that is not normally found in the local graduates. Otherwise it's an uphill task. Not saying it can't be done but it's going to be difficult. (Did you pass the online S pass validator tool?)