Singapore Expats

z

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Tennessean Abroad

z

Post by Tennessean Abroad » Sat, 04 Jul 2009 2:52 pm

zzz
Last edited by Tennessean Abroad on Thu, 17 May 2012 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Jul 2009 5:19 pm

Mister Minit or any Cobbler on the street will do. Especially in this humidity all repairs tend to be temporary in nature anyway. That's why 5 dollar shoes are so popular. Only takes one monsoon season to understand why.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Tennessean Abroad

Post by Tennessean Abroad » Sun, 05 Jul 2009 3:41 pm

So there aren't really any high end shoe repair places? These shoes have been in humid climates before and have held up just fine (master craftmanship, I think). I feel very nervous handing over satin slippers to a Mister Minit.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Sun, 05 Jul 2009 5:55 pm

Why not go to the Chanel shop here and ask them what to do? (My guess is that they won't have a clue, but still I would ask). High end, low end... the humidity here doesn't reallly know the difference, be careful where & how you store them at home, that should help a bit.

AngMoKio
Regular
Regular

Post by AngMoKio » Sun, 05 Jul 2009 6:22 pm

Very happy with the work done buy a shop in the basement of the new mall at Tampines. Has lots of options for materials and seems to make a repair better then new.

amiee40
Chatter
Chatter

Post by amiee40 » Sun, 05 Jul 2009 8:57 pm

road.not.taken wrote:Why not go to the Chanel shop here and ask them what to do? (My guess is that they won't have a clue, but still I would ask). High end, low end... the humidity here doesn't reallly know the difference, be careful where & how you store them at home, that should help a bit.
I was going to recommend this as well. Actually i did that when i stained my white Chanel bag with black ink. They recommended a professional cleaner. Haven't had a chance to visit them yet. The sales assistant just pulled out a business card from the counter draw, so i am sure they would know and can recommend a reputable shoe repairer.

Tennessean Abroad

Post by Tennessean Abroad » Sun, 05 Jul 2009 9:43 pm

zz
Last edited by Tennessean Abroad on Thu, 17 May 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 8:53 am

My friend needs a cobblers and not a Mr Minit etc etc. Someone thats a real professional.

Now SMS no funny replies :D :D
Zeenit

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 9:00 am

:-#
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”