Singapore Expats Forum

No idea

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Tennessean Abroad

No idea

Postby Tennessean Abroad » Sat, 04 Jul 2009 12:24 pm

no idea delete please
Last edited by Tennessean Abroad on Thu, 17 May 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

????

Postby Allibert » Sat, 04 Jul 2009 5:59 pm

How the helll do you manage NOY to meet Americans here? they're everywhere!

Tennessean Abroad

Postby Tennessean Abroad » Sat, 04 Jul 2009 6:05 pm

zzz
Last edited by Tennessean Abroad on Thu, 17 May 2012 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moto
Regular
Regular

Postby moto » Sun, 05 Jul 2009 2:38 pm

hi,

a quick google search and you would know there is a big american club here and its website is http://www.amclub.org.sg/. strong eagle also posted an open invite to a july 4 party by the american association of singapore http://www.aasingapore.com/. it is just a quick scroll down from your message.

and if you so much as join any of the many expat activities here, surely you will bump into an american.

but if you keep to your close circle and whine a bit, then... ;)

Tennessean Abroad

Postby Tennessean Abroad » Sun, 05 Jul 2009 3:38 pm

zzz
Last edited by Tennessean Abroad on Thu, 17 May 2012 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Jul 2009 4:02 pm

Okay, Okay. I can think of four regulars on this site. Strong Eagle is an American/Canadian (dual) who came here from Houston , I'm an American as well from just south of the Mason-Dixon line - 60 miles from the capitol. So is road.not.taken. Not sure where she's from - New England area maybe. I believe PakJohn is also from the Hot'lanta area as well so he's a southern gentleman. However, there aren't that many Yanks on this site. Most of the Yanks here have families and tend to group together in the normal weekend BBQ mode and a considerable number of them are out in Sembawang area now that the American School has shifted out there. Me? I don't normally do the "group" socializing as I have a large local family network (my wife is Singaporean) so I don't normally congregate with the Expatriate community.

Oh, forgot, we also have more Canadian/American combos as well. boffenl fits that catagory (originally hailing from near my area) there might be more as well but off the top of my head.....

julienoce

Postby julienoce » Mon, 06 Jul 2009 3:05 pm

Howdy...
I've been in Singapore for 4 months myself...34 year old female, born and raised in Chicago, lived the past 11 years in DC. (so I'm more of a "you guys" gal than "ya'll" ). My husband is from Spain. We are both news producers. At the moment, he's working, I'm not. No kids, one dog, and lucky for us, a few other DC transplants we hang with. We live in Chinatown... email me if you wanna do lunch. What do you do, by the way?

swissproducer@yahoo.com

mon francais est tres mauvais, pero mi esposo y yo hablamos en espagnol, catalan y english. :)

rockchalkinsing

Here I am!

Postby rockchalkinsing » Tue, 07 Jul 2009 8:08 pm

Hello TN Abroad,

I'm American! I'm a 24 yr old who also moved here for her husband's job. I've lived here for about 14 months and know exactly how you feel. I know lots of Americans now, but when I first got here, they seemed scarce.

If you'd like to go for coffee, drinks, movies or whatever, I'm down. Here's my email: singaporejhawk@gmail.com.

I hope you find more of us out there :)

hiromice
Regular
Regular

Postby hiromice » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 3:33 pm

Ok ladies I am here now, from the US as well.

Feel free to send me an email

hiromice@gmail.com

joliefemme536

Postby joliefemme536 » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:10 pm

There are a few Americans in Singapore but not many. My boyfriend currently lives there and he's an American from the great state of Texas :) I am moving there March 1st of 2010 (flight already booked). I hope to meet you once I'm settled!

Jennifer
joliefemme536@yahoo.com

kaseyma
Chatter
Chatter

Postby kaseyma » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 2:15 am

joliefemme536 wrote:There are a few Americans in Singapore . . .

Just a few??? :o
No, there are a whole hell of a lot.
Go to the American Club if you want to be around other Americans.

You might also want to check out this link for American Associations:
http://singapore.usembassy.gov/american ... apore.html

http://www.aasingapore.com/

The Remittance Man

Postby The Remittance Man » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 1:09 pm

Another Yank checking in...I hear North American accents everywhere, but I haven't crossed paths with too many others who actually live here. In any case, I've lived overseas for five of the past six years (first Taiwan, later France, and here since April 08) and it looks like I'll be staying for at least a couple more years.
I pay FIVE DOLLARS for something and then I LOSE it!

PeachBlossom

Postby PeachBlossom » Fri, 02 Oct 2009 3:11 pm

Here's another American girl! I've been in Singapore about a month, and I share your experience TN Abroad... I haven't actively tried to find Americans, but I haven't met any.

The_Mad_Lumberjack

Postby The_Mad_Lumberjack » Fri, 02 Oct 2009 4:42 pm

I'm American. Been here 3 months and I haven't really meet too many other Americans since I arrived here.

Steve-R
Regular
Regular

Postby Steve-R » Fri, 02 Oct 2009 5:46 pm

I'm American and been here 3 weeks. Only have heard Americans talking at Coffee Bean but they are probably here on business.