Singapore Expats

giving birth in singapore. please help

Do you have any pregnancy related queries to ask or share? Post them here.
Ratskcud

Post by Ratskcud » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 3:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The only difference is that Singapore may not give her permission to have the child here as a) needs to submit marriage certificate and b) father is not able to marry her and finally c) It doesn't really matter where she has the child as unless a valid marriage certificate can be produced, the child will NOT get Singaporean citizenship.

The only way you are going to be able to stay together as a family is if you immigrate to her country. That, unfortunately, is about the size of it. Oh, my grand-niece just celebrated her 5th birthday. She hasn't seen her mother since she was 2 years old. (except via skype and FB photos). Sad state of affairs.
Sorry to hear about your grand-niece...

Lastly, is marriage in TH recognised & based on that, get both my wife & child to come to SG & stay with me?

By the way, I do have intention to move out of SG after i'm done with my last job here, TH seems like a great place!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 4:03 pm

I have my doubts that you name will be allowed on the BC unless you can show a Marriage Certificate. At this point in time, that doesn't seem to be the case. I personally do not know the laws of Thailand so cannot properly answer that question, you might want to try the Thai Embassy with your query. If a Thai lady wanted to have a child in Singapore (a child by a Singaporean man) there would be a lot of 'em doing it (working girls). If you think about it, it's the perfect scenario, Married man with a Thai girlfriend. In your case I'm assuming it's not that, but the circumstances are the same, so you could see Singapore is going to be a hard nut to crack in that regard, or they'd be swamped with working girls with babies. Good Luck. I feel you are going to really need it and I do sympathize with you.....
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Ratskcud

Post by Ratskcud » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 4:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I have my doubts that you name will be allowed on the BC unless you can show a Marriage Certificate. At this point in time, that doesn't seem to be the case. I personally do not know the laws of Thailand so cannot properly answer that question, you might want to try the Thai Embassy with your query. If a Thai lady wanted to have a child in Singapore (a child by a Singaporean man) there would be a lot of 'em doing it (working girls). If you think about it, it's the perfect scenario, Married man with a Thai girlfriend. In your case I'm assuming it's not that, but the circumstances are the same, so you could see Singapore is going to be a hard nut to crack in that regard, or they'd be swamped with working girls with babies. Good Luck. I feel you are going to really need it and I do sympathize with you.....
Thanks for all the informative inputs & advices, yeah, it's gonna be tough & i'll see how things go before the final option of migrating. Cheers!