Singapore Expats

How much has changed in 12 years ?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
jane-col

How much has changed in 12 years ?

Post by jane-col » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 3:19 am

Good afternoon to all,
I am writing from sunny New England, actually its rather humid today, maybe a small taste of what is in store for us on are return to Singapore. We lived in Singapore for 3 years on the East coast at the Waterside, this was 12 years ago. We are lucky enough to be returning and now have two children 8 and 11, My husband and I are British and the children have dual nationality UK/USA. I am expecting it to be different but am I going to be in total denial? is the West coast now like the East coast used to be? Tanjong Rhu was not built up and had very little around it, Ikea used to be above cold storage! having looked at the maps I can see things have really changed, interested in your thoughts to a less crowded area to live.

hg
Regular
Regular

Post by hg » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 10:00 am

Well, Waterside is still around. We saw it as part of our ongoing house hunt. Its rather old now but still one of the largest apts we saw in Singapore ever. It was HUGE !!! Its amusing to note that we opted out of Tanjoing Rhu area due to the same reason you mentioned - still feels isolated !!

I am sure others will comment on your other queries, hang around :-)