Singapore Expats Forum

Decent Donuts in Singapore?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Jonnyinter

Postby Jonnyinter » Sun, 28 Jun 2009 6:38 am

Hey I'm moving to Singapore in around one month from Zurich. I used to live there so I am really excited of going back but I wanted to know if there is anywhere that sells decent donuts? Here in Zurich the donuts suck and I would love if they had like a Krispy Kreme or a Dunkin Donuts somewhere.

Thanks for the help,
Jonny

mulatto
Regular
Regular

Postby mulatto » Sun, 28 Jun 2009 8:15 am

Try J.Co Donuts...it's so light, you'd ask for more. I'd tried Krispy Kreme too, but i like the former.

There was a time where people here went crazy about donuts. You had to wait for an hour or so!

So far what I know is they only have two branches here: Raffles City mall (@ City Hall MRT) and Bugis Junction (@ Bugis MRT)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Jun 2009 11:35 am

Dunkin' Donuts is reopening here in Singapore in the brand new mall on Orchard Road over the Orchard MRT (feeling pretty stupid this morning - can't remember the name of the mall! :oops: )

trumpet
Regular
Regular

Postby trumpet » Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:34 pm

J.Co Donuts is really good, my favourite is the one with almonds on it.

But it's kinda sweet though! :cry:

vink
Regular
Regular

Postby vink » Sun, 28 Jun 2009 2:14 pm

Should be at ION.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Dunkin' Donuts is reopening here in Singapore in the brand new mall on Orchard Road over the Orchard MRT (feeling pretty stupid this morning - can't remember the name of the mall! :oops: )

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Sun, 28 Jun 2009 2:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Dunkin' Donuts is reopening here in Singapore in the brand new mall on Orchard Road over the Orchard MRT

Really????? I LOVE their coffee!

My kids are bananas about donuts... there is a good donut place @ Le Meridien plaza (the outdoor sloping bit - toward Istana), there is also a good one upstairs in Vivo City - I think it may be a Dippin Dots. And as mentioned J.Co Donuts are good - light and fluffy. The only thing I find with these places is the frosting tends to be more like flavored white chocolate than the icing I knew as a kid. The donut place in the bakery in B1 of Tanglin Mall reminds me of Dunkin Donuts (the strawberry icing).... whatever you do - don't go to 7-11 (ok, ok - I was desperate :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Jun 2009 3:35 pm

Yeah, it was in one of the broadsheets I think last week. They've had a 10 year hiatus here and have figured in the new High end Mall there they should be able to make a go'er out of it. Still can't remember......

Just asked my teenaged neice. It's the ION at Orchard! :oops:

AngMoKio
Regular
Regular

Postby AngMoKio » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 6:44 pm

I think JC's Doughnuts is one of the best local franchises. Better then Dunkin or Krispy's.

One more vote for JC's

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 8:02 am

AngMoKio wrote: Better then Dunkin or Krispy's...

Better than Krispy Kreme? Could there be something better than Krispy Kreme? Is that even possible???? Is this allowed? Haha.

trumpet
Regular
Regular

Postby trumpet » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 6:54 pm

Ok... now I'm tempted, where can I find Krispy Kreme? :D

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 8:54 pm

You have to go to Malaysia. There isn't one in Singapore.

Jonnyinter

Postby Jonnyinter » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 6:30 am

I have to try this J.Co place sounds good! Thanks for the swift replies! Does anyone know when this ION mall is opening? Isn't it around winter (not for Singapore though :lol:)?

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 7:33 am

the Donut factory is good too...theres one in cityhall

vink
Regular
Regular

Postby vink » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 10:07 pm

J Co. is definitely NOT better than Krispy Kreme.. No donuts in Singapore comes even close to Krispy Kreme IMO.

ION orchard is opening this July. Forgot the exact date but should be the first half of July

napalm

Postby napalm » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 2:03 am

tried the Dunkin Donuts in ION last weekend. is it me or does it taste like a toned down version of DD? to me it just tastes the same as jco or donut factory... :?