Singapore Expats Forum

Starting Image Consultant Business in Singapore

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
SharonConnolly

Starting Image Consultant Business in Singapore

Postby SharonConnolly » Sat, 27 Jun 2009 10:22 pm

Having recently relocated here I want to start working as an Image Consultant here (I had a very good business in the UK, personal shopping, wardrobe weeding, TV appearances etc in the UK) Does anyone know...in the first instance to I actually need to start up a company? Can I just work freelance and declare earnings in a tax return?

Also what about networking opportunities. I grew my business and my friend base in the UK by networking. What is available over here - I have found the British Chamber of Commerce - anything else?

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Starting Image Consultant Business in Singapore

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 27 Jun 2009 11:14 pm

SharonConnolly wrote:Having recently relocated here I want to start working as an Image Consultant here (I had a very good business in the UK, personal shopping, wardrobe weeding, TV appearances etc in the UK) Does anyone know...in the first instance to I actually need to start up a company? YES Can I just work freelance and declare earnings in a tax return? NO

Also what about networking opportunities. I grew my business and my friend base in the UK by networking. What is available over here - I have found the British Chamber of Commerce - anything else? The foreign based clubs, groups like ANZA, Many of the social networking sites like LinkIn, Facebook, etc. Basically, the same methods you would use in the UK.

Thanks