Singapore Expats Forum

Karoake places?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
hiromice
Regular
Regular

Karoake places?

Postby hiromice » Fri, 26 Jun 2009 7:58 pm

Hello there,

I will be moving to Singapore next week and would like to find out more about good karoake places.

Any suggestions? and any idea on the price?

( I googled it but not so much information)

If you love to sing, let me know as well.

Thanks a lot. :D

summerautumn

Postby summerautumn » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 11:39 am

kbox
party world
cashbox
safra club, etc

price-wise depends on the day and time u visit, usually its about S$20-30 i think.

noel43

Postby noel43 » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 2:55 pm

Went Kbox @ Safra Jurong West not too long ago. Pretty new and awesome place I must say. :wink:

summerautumn

Postby summerautumn » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 3:34 pm

noel43 wrote:Went Kbox @ Safra Jurong West not too long ago. Pretty new and awesome place I must say. :wink:

haha great~ next we go tgt hor!

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Karoake places?

Postby Allibert » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 3:40 pm

hiromice wrote:Hello there,

I will be moving to Singapore next week and would like to find out more about good karoake places.

You could be one of the first dyslexic karaoke singers :)

What one of the previous posters is correct, the price per person usually works out at about SGD 30+ for a four-hour session. You have to pay for fruit, snacks, tissues which puts the price up a bit.

On top of this there are the costs of alcohol, not sure about beer costs but about another SGD for a jug of bacardi and coke, vodka and orange, etc.

You have several possibilities. I quite like the party world at Liang Court near Clarke Quay which is new and still looks good. Some of the others, depending on where you go, can look a bit worn down.

Be careful, in KTV, for example you can only search via the song title and not the artist. In Party world, the search is better but try both to seee which one has the songs you like.

Hope this helps,
Alan

staceyw

Postby staceyw » Thu, 02 Jul 2009 1:27 pm

i used to go to K garden at serangoon gardens, pretty good imo. cosy, great selection of songs, and not so commercialized like kbox and partyworld. good for gathering with buddies

hiromice
Regular
Regular

Re: Karoake places?

Postby hiromice » Mon, 06 Jul 2009 2:09 am

Allibert wrote:
hiromice wrote:Hello there,

You could be one of the first dyslexic karaoke singers :)

What one of the previous posters is correct, the price per person usually works out at about SGD 30+ for a four-hour session. You have to pay for fruit, snacks, tissues which puts the price up a bit.

On top of this there are the costs of alcohol, not sure about beer costs but about another SGD for a jug of bacardi and coke, vodka and orange, etc.

You have several possibilities. I quite like the party world at Liang Court near Clarke Quay which is new and still looks good. Some of the others, depending on where you go, can look a bit worn down.

Be careful, in KTV, for example you can only search via the song title and not the artist. In Party world, the search is better but try both to seee which one has the songs you like.

Hope this helps,
Alan

Thanks for the advice! Do they charge per person or a group? Do they play any American songs like Beyounce etc?