Singapore Expats Forum

Social Protection in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 12 Oct 2004

Social Protection in Singapore

Postby Ray » Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:25 am

Any information on the kind of medical coverage I can get in Singapore, as a European employed locally by an American company - and coming from another company in Europe ? For my retirement plan, I'll keep on paying in my home country.
- Will I have to pay for local social contributions (CPF) ?
- If yes, is it enough ? Or do I have to pay a private fund ??

Any tip more than welcome :-)

User avatar
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Sun, 17 Oct 2004 5:02 pm

You can only get (and have to get) CPF if you're a permanent residence. CPF is your retirement fund, there's another thing called Medisave for medical expenses.

But in a nutshell, Sg govt medical insurance sucks, so get your employer to pay for a decent medical plan. Pretty much all employers do this, for locals and expats, although the exact level of coverage is open to debate.

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests