Singapore Expats Forum

LPR - guaranteeed path to PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
cyxm

LPR - guaranteeed path to PR?

Postby cyxm » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 5:22 pm

I'm a fresh grad from a foreign uni and I've been notified that my LPR application has been approved. I'd like to know if there are any requirements when finding a job and if there is a minimum salary that you must earn in order to obtain the full PR. Or any full time job would do? My approval letter did not mention any of these except that I need an employment letter.
Thks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 6:01 pm

I know you can get it with a 1200/mo job. Several of my staff have done so in the past.

cyxm

Postby cyxm » Fri, 26 Jun 2009 1:11 am

Oh. So it doesnt restrict us from choosing a job from any field? Or should we find a job according to the degree that you have? and i'm wondering if the requirements actually changed cuz of the recession

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Jun 2009 7:17 am

Nope. Doesn't matter. All you need is a job. However, I don't know where the bottom of the acceptability scale is. I know $1200/mo as a admin assistant allowed one of my staff recently to obtain her PR (she was on an LPR having graduated from a diploma course here in Singapore).

sms

cpa100

Postby cpa100 » Thu, 20 Aug 2009 3:59 pm

Hello, my girlfriend is from China (studied Bachelor and Master in Australia). She had used the LPR "route" to get PR and Citizenship within 2.5 years. Here is the timeline:

2006 Dec - Grad in Australia
2007 Jan - Apply LPR
2007 Apr - Approved LPR
2007 May - Move to Singapore
2007 Aug - Start working (she was fresh grad, that was not a good job, not good pay also! But just to aim to get PR first!)
2007 Oct - Approved PR
2008 Dec - Applied Citizenship
2009 Jun - Approved Citizenship

I had heard that it is sometimes hard to get PR or Citizenship (eg: one must stay in SG at least 2 yrs + stable job before apply Citizenship etc...) However, it seems that LPR gives some "hidden credit" for PR or Citizenship application. (Just my personal thought...)

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 9:51 am

cpa100 wrote:Hello, my girlfriend is from China (studied Bachelor and Master in Australia). She had used the LPR "route" to get PR and Citizenship within 2.5 years. Here is the timeline:

And being Chinese wouldn't have helped her in anyway, would it?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:36 am

[-X :lol:

tinkar

Postby tinkar » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 7:12 pm

cpa100 wrote:Hello, my girlfriend is from China (studied Bachelor and Master in Australia). She had used the LPR "route" to get PR and Citizenship within 2.5 years. Here is the timeline:

2006 Dec - Grad in Australia
2007 Jan - Apply LPR
2007 Apr - Approved LPR
2007 May - Move to Singapore
2007 Aug - Start working (she was fresh grad, that was not a good job, not good pay also! But just to aim to get PR first!)
2007 Oct - Approved PR
2008 Dec - Applied Citizenship
2009 Jun - Approved Citizenship

I had heard that it is sometimes hard to get PR or Citizenship (eg: one must stay in SG at least 2 yrs + stable job before apply Citizenship etc...) However, it seems that LPR gives some "hidden credit" for PR or Citizenship application. (Just my personal thought...)

Did she use SMC?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 2:13 pm

what's the cost involved?

andy43200

Re: LPR - guaranteeed path to PR?

Postby andy43200 » Thu, 27 Oct 2011 3:47 pm

Dear all,
I got a letter from ICA thru SMC in September this year said that my LPR application (In-principle approval letter for LPR) was approved. The letter said I need to find a full time job within one year, to obtain a criminal record from my home country and medical exam. Now I'm still in my home country and plan to move to Singapore in next year January.
My quesiton is as follow: (Mainly are what to do next)
1. When I enter the Singapore immigration, is that all I need to show to the immigration officer is the In-principle LPR approval letter from ICA? Anything I need to prepare before I go to Singapore?
2. The medical exam and the crimial record, should I prepare and be ready before going to Singapore?
3. After I enter Singapore, do I need go to MOM to get a employment pass before looking for a job?
4. My plan is to start looking for a job after arrivie in Singapore.
My question is if I get an job interview in Singapore, what documents I need to show to the employer I can work in Singapore legally?
Please help!
Thx

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Oct 2011 4:15 pm

You have a masters, right?!? :roll:

andy43200

Postby andy43200 » Thu, 27 Oct 2011 4:43 pm

I only have a bachelor degree in electrical engineering from the USA. Few years working experience in hardware programming.
Any idea regarding to my previous questions or any website i should look for?
Thx

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Oct 2011 4:56 pm

andy43200 wrote:I only have a bachelor degree in electrical engineering from the USA. Few years working experience in hardware programming.
Any idea regarding to my previous questions or any website i should look for?
Thx

Check your approval letter if it contains a entry visa for you.

If I am not wrong, you can use that Visa to stay in SG, while you search for a job and once you get the job, ICA would issue you the PR.

Good Luck !

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: LPR - guaranteeed path to PR?

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:31 am

andy43200 wrote:to obtain a criminal record from my home country

Obtain a criminal record or record of no criminal offense ?? :D :D

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”