Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone interested in language exchange? Madarin<->Engligsh

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
simon746cn

Anyone interested in language exchange? Madarin<->Engl

Postby simon746cn » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 5:22 pm

Mandarin Corner becomes a hot topic recently. But, does it really work for everyone of you?

I prefer one-on-one learning. Because both of the participator will have more time to practice. there are only two persons in the meeting and the time for each one is half devided. On the contrary, if you went for a group of four ppl one-hour garthering . The average time for each one is just 15 mins. Besides, someone are born talkative and the others are more quiet, the quiet person will has less pratice opportunitis. In short, the more people who join in the less you can achieve.

Next, different ppl has different level of skills. Some may have studied for serval years and speaks fluently; the other probably were just at beginers level and he may only pronance a few single words. Can you imagine what the results you will get in this kind of garthering?

Yes, I am here to look for somone who would like to exchange his English for my Mandarin.

Let me introduce myself: Native Chinese from China currently working in Singapore; Male; Patient; Well educatied; Writing and reading English are OK, but spoken English is not good; Having some experences in language exchange.

If you prefer one-on-one language exchange as the way to improve your Mandarin spoken skills please dont hesitate to contact me.

My email address: tiger.hy@gmail.com

Your email will be welcomed and appreciatied!
Last edited by simon746cn on Wed, 08 Jul 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simon746cn

Postby simon746cn » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 2:11 pm

anyone ? anybody? any brother or sister? nobody interested?