Singapore Expats

problem of overstay & how to resolve it

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 4:19 pm

problem of overstay & how to resolve it

Post by simi_apps » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 4:30 pm

hi all,

I went to Singapore on 17/09/2007 on social visit pass and then in order to extend my visit, I got an E-EXTENSION. During that period, I got an offer to work in a company in Singapore. The company itself applied for visa in MOM and the MOM approved the visa and I got an IPA letter from the company.

Based on that IPA letter, I took a Medical Fitness Test and got a Medical Fitness certificate. Then I went to MOM to change my visa from Social Visit Pass to Employment Pass.

There in MOM, I enquired the official authorities, whether I can change my Social Visit Pass to Employment Pass , without returning back to India. The official authorities over there said that I can change the visa there in Singapore itself without returning back to India.

Therefore, based on their suggestions, I changed my Social Visit Pass to Employment Pass without returning to India.

I worked on Employment pass for 1 year in Singapore and returned to India for personal reasons (marriage) on 27/11/08 , by Canceling my visa.

At this point , now again I wish to go to Singapore on Social Visit Pass and applied for the same 1 week before here in Chennai.

But I my application for Social Visit Pass in Chennai Singapore consulate
has been rejected stating the reason that ,”

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests