Singapore Expats Forum

6 days of freedom

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

6 days of freedom

Postby ksl » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 2:01 am

Had to cancel this post, due to unforeseen commitment, hope I can arrange another time, sorry! Definitely beer :wink:
Last edited by ksl on Mon, 22 Jun 2009 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 6 days of freedom

Postby blue_thunder » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:04 am

ksl wrote:Okay this is it, I have 6 days left before the wife gets home! Where should we all meet up? Don't worry I'm going to tell her all about it too!

This is probably the only chance i ever get to be free from commitments , that's why i posted.. It would be nice if I could meet up with the oldies, just to show I'm not the old fart they think i am. I have had the pleasure of meeting only a couple people off the forum, since I came to Singapore at the back end of 04

But I also think there is a good crowd on the forum that should really meet up, The only problem is that it is an expats forum but why the F should we pay stupid prices at 12 or 15 $ a drink, on the boat quay when you can pay 6. 50 or cheaper and have some music before going on the town so if i check it out down here in Kovan I can order some tables , before you hit the town! yes I'm in training, I'm an old man, with a young mind, I say that just so that i do not disappoint people.

If we should make it a party maybe that can also be arranged for the weekend
What i need is to know is some numbers, to book the place,

Hope the drinks are regular beer etc..& not the vinegar right ??? lol..
Count me in, if its on a weekend !!! not a oldie though

Cheers.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 5:26 pm

tyre kicker! :)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 1:04 am

durain wrote:tyre kicker! :)

Okay I will be at this place on Friday around 7pm it's pretty reasonable price wise, and open quite late, if anyone feels like turning up. Maybe i should check if it's booked up or not, let you know! The beer is draft tiger!

http://www.whitetangerine.com.sg/template3/index.html

pennant
Regular
Regular

Postby pennant » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:56 pm

enjoy ur 6days of freedon ksl :)
A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 2:12 pm

pennant wrote:enjoy ur 6days of freedon ksl :)
Thank you, actually life is not that bad at all, it's all about priorities in life at my age, I say that only because I had been single for over 20 years and lived the socialite life for a much longer period than I expected, so family comes first these days :) A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top, yep I quite like that! :)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 7:05 pm

Okay I checked the place out, and there is music on a Friday, but nothing special, just locals practising, if anyone is going to turn up, best let me know by asap so i can book a table. Otherwise just take pot luck, I'll be there to have a couple of beers from 7 pm. to 9 pm or longer, depending on the night.

A jug is like 4 glasses of draft Tiger 15$ they also have other beers.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Addadude » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 7:27 pm

ksl wrote:Okay I checked the place out, and there is music on a Friday, but nothing special, just locals practising, if anyone is going to turn up, best let me know by asap so i can book a table. Otherwise just take pot luck, I'll be there to have a couple of beers from 7 pm. to 9 pm or longer, depending on the night.

I'll see if I can make it - I have to check with my CEO/CFO first though...
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blue_thunder » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 7:48 pm

ksl wrote:

The place is very far from my workplace and home...I might not be able to make it !!! :shock:
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:56 am

Addadude wrote:
ksl wrote:Okay I checked the place out, and there is music on a Friday, but nothing special, just locals practising, if anyone is going to turn up, best let me know by asap so i can book a table. Otherwise just take pot luck, I'll be there to have a couple of beers from 7 pm. to 9 pm or longer, depending on the night.

I'll see if I can make it - I have to check with my CEO/CFO first though...

Okay Addadude!

No problem Blue_Thunder another time maybe.

There are 3 at the moment plus me, which is okay, will you turn up SMS, it's just down the road?

sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sillingw » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 2:50 pm

Damn, I miss out again, I would have turned up, but I am in KL and do not get back till late Friday night - Next time.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 4:18 pm

I know about where it is. Already checked in out on the map but I won't promise anything but will try. I don't get back from bukit batok until around 8 so it's gonna be tight or I might have to do one extra stop on the NEL to Kovan & walk alongside of Heartland Mall over there. We'll see....
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Wed, 24 Jun 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 4:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I know about where it is. Already checked in out on the map but I won't promise anything but will try. I don't get back from bukit batok until around 8 so it's gonna be tight or I might have to just do a run from the Serangoon Mrt to there if I'm to make it at all. We'll see....
Nice one! I'll order a table big enough.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 5:04 pm

blue_thunder wrote:
ksl wrote:

The place is very far from my workplace and home...I might not be able to make it !!! :shock:

If you make runs regularly to Mustafa, it's only about 10-12 minutes further up the NEL (4 stops).

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blue_thunder » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 5:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
blue_thunder wrote:
ksl wrote:

If you make runs regularly to Mustafa, it's only about 10-12 minutes further up the NEL (4 stops).

Well well well :wink:
I do go to Mustafa to get Indian grocery items, which is not available in my area, but that will be strictly on weekends either by 8 am or after midnight :???:
I do know that its on the NEL !!!:D
My workplace is @ Jurong and I stay around ECP .. I can only make it by 8+ even if I leave by 6 . Have to go home & keep my laptop/bag etc at home and then refresh myself to get back to Kovan..it will be a long n circuitous route for me...
Just got to my mind that friday is actually my last day at work ...so I wont be having a laptop/bag etc..I think I can make it little early by coming directly to Kovan instead of going home!!
Will be the youngest in the group I guess , probably less than the work experiences you all might have :lol:
Cheers.