Singapore Expats

questions on antenatal check

Do you have any pregnancy related queries to ask or share? Post them here.
subrina

questions on antenatal check

Post by subrina » Thu, 18 Jun 2009 3:55 pm

I just found out that I'm pregnant. I'm a PR here in sg but have no idea where to go for the checkup. Any idea where to go for the first time seeing doc?

I did some search. Seems that there're a few hospitals. Like Thomson, KK, NUH, Mount E etc. Would be great if anyone could suggest one. How's the charges and the service? I heard that PR can use CPF to pay off the bill. Anyone knows how?

Thanks a lot

langkawi06

Post by langkawi06 » Thu, 18 Jun 2009 8:44 pm

Don't you have an OBGYN....you should go to him/her for a check up... sorry I am new in Singapore so can't recommend anyone

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:14 pm

I was 3 months pregnant when I arrived here last August and based on the research I did when still in the UK I decided on Thomson Medical Centre which is one of the cheaper private hospitals (I hear Gleneagles and Mt E's maternity packages are a bit higher). KK Women and Children's hospital would be one of the cheapest as it's a Government run hospital.

The cost may not be a factor for you but it was for us as I couldn't get medical insurance.

I went to see Dr LN Sim and felt she was really good. I still see her for Pap Smears and Contraceptive pills rather than go to a GP as she knows my history better. If you would like her number let me know.

VanJ

Can anyone recommend their O&G?

Post by VanJ » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 9:07 am

Hello!

I'm looking for a female O&G, preferably at Gleneagles or Mount Elizabeth.
Any recommendations for someone competent, understanding and kind?

Thx a lot!

samsam08

Post by samsam08 » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 3:36 pm

VanJ - I saw Dr Kek at Mount E throughout my pregnancy and she delivered my son at Mount E in August last year. I found her to be very kind, easy to talk to and had a lovely calm bedside manner which certainly helped when in the throes of labour :D

fkoelbl

Dr Chia

Post by fkoelbl » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 9:29 am

I am also pregnant and am seeing Dr Chia Yee Tien (female) at Mount E medical center 13-13. Tel 62352500.
I am quite happy there! My first child was born in Germany, there are some differences here, but overall she is doing all the necessary checks, ultrasound and all that. I find the difference is that the docs here tend not to give so much information as in Germany unless you ask for it. But I think thats not only her, but generally the "asian way" of treating patients.
If you look for a expat doc, there is a lady doc from Canada, I think in Paramount med center (also works with Mount E hospital for the delivery).
Just see who you like best!
Good luck,
Franziska

in8mom
Regular
Regular

Post by in8mom » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:43 am

I went with Dr. Paul Tseng at the TLC clinic in Thomsen. We wanted a natural birth with no interventions and do recommend him.