Singapore Expats Forum

BEST CAR WASH

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Ginnie84

BEST CAR WASH

Postby Ginnie84 » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:08 am

Hi All,

Anybody has any regular car wash at petrol station?Wanna share?

Actually last fri i went for a car wash at Aljunied Exxon Mobil(Behind Hotel Windsor). That was 1st time i went there for car wash and surprisely not only the price are good,their service i could said is excellent..Thumbs up..
The way they wash & dry clean your car really attentive,they even goes to the extra mile to wax clean my car when they notice that some areas which being scratch by the pillar which i had brush against earlier on..Really tip top service n impressed with them..I will sure go back to them whenever i need a snow wash for my car..
So anybody interested can give it a try there...

Anyway, for normal saloon car they charge only $5,MPV $6...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:39 am

Just make your domestic slave get up at 4 am and wash it every morning like I see 'em do in the HDB estates all the time. Doesn't cost you anything more than the slave wages already being paid..... :wink:

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:52 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Just make your domestic slave get up at 4 am and wash it every morning like I see 'em do in the HDB estates all the time. Doesn't cost you anything more than the slave wages already being paid..... :wink:

Yeah and make sure you beat them midday as well. If you beat them in the evenings they're too stiff next morning to reach the tricky bits on the roof of your SUV 8-)

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:09 pm

Nice post, Image, very funny. No surprise. Do you like pie-in-the-face or ripping-wings-off-flies situations as well? Hilarious, I agree.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Just make your domestic slave get up at 4 am and wash it every morning like I see 'em do in the HDB estates all the time. Doesn't cost you anything more than the slave wages already being paid..... :wink:

Our neighbours across the road have a linked-house, same family . . . together they have six cars.

Their maid would be up at 5 am to start washing the things until I complained to the 'masters' that it makes too much noise . . . she then washed them all at 22.00 and 06.00. :?

This woman had two households to take care of, four children and cooked . . . all for a massive RM400 per month.

She always thought it was funny that we, including our kids, would wash our own cars and make it a water-fight . . . laughter was not a part of her household.

The 'masters' had taken away her mobile phone and said they banked in her wages, not sure if that was the case, as she wasn't allowed to leave the house, and carport, for SIX years.

We regularly bought her cookies and sweets and our maid/nanny let her use her phone to call home. We re-imbursed our maid/nanny.

Last month the little thing did a runner, hopefully she made it back to Indonesia intact.

Malaysians are, if anything, worse than Singaporeans and they have even less of a clue when you talk to them about what we see as mistreating their domestic workers.

'nuff said Image

Ginnie84

Postby Ginnie84 » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 1:19 pm

Slaves?? Yes,i saw a few at my areas too...But the problem is after they wash my car i could c some stains on it and long run guess my paint will be tarnish from their washing..Coz i notice their cloth always has those sands stick on it which i think i rather pay 4 car wash..Maybe twice amth..It wont cost that much too...

patsy_sg
Regular
Regular

Postby patsy_sg » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 1:39 pm

isn't that actually illegal?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 2:05 pm

patsy_sg wrote:

Yeah, but so are pirate DVD's & computer software. :?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 3:06 pm

Ginnie84 wrote:Slaves?? Yes,i saw a few at my areas too...But the problem is after they wash my car i could c some stains on it and long run guess my paint will be tarnish from their washing..Coz i notice their cloth always has those sands stick on it which i think i rather pay 4 car wash..Maybe twice amth..It wont cost that much too...

Hi Image bigfilsing! \:D/ Your humour is improving.

patsy_sg wrote:

sms wrote:
Yeah, but so are pirate DVD's & computer software.

Malaysia Boleh!

'nuff said Image

Ginnie84

Postby Ginnie84 » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 3:56 pm

U guys r really cheeky(I suppose all those who reply r guys?) :???: ..Making me faint..

From car wash to dont know what...Lol.. :???:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 5:09 pm

:???: HUH? :???:

'nuff said Image

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 5:56 pm

forget cars and SUV. i saw a maid washing the master's big pickup truck!!! she got a mini ladder to climb up to wash the roof too!

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:40 pm

durain wrote:forget cars and SUV. i saw a maid washing the master's big pickup truck!!! she got a mini ladder to climb up to wash the roof too!

Wait till the MOM finds out and makes her employer supply a safety harness and somebody else to hold the ladder ...she being an employee and all ...would be quite funny were it not true :roll:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:05 am

bigfilsing wrote:
durain wrote:forget cars and SUV. i saw a maid washing the master's big pickup truck!!! she got a mini ladder to climb up to wash the roof too!

Wait till the MOM finds out and makes her employer supply a safety harness and somebody else to hold the ladder ...she being an employee and all ...would be quite funny were it not true :roll:

Yes, it would be very funny, Image bigfilsing

All this safety stuff . . . ludicrous! They re, after all, only Asians . . . and we know what you think of them, eh, Image, bigfilsing :wink:

Again you da man, bigfilsing Image

'nuff said Image

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:16 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
bigfilsing wrote:

Yes, it would be very funny, Image bigfilsing

All this safety stuff . . . ludicrous! They re, after all, only Asians . . . and we know what you think of them, eh, Image, bigfilsing :wink:

Again you da man, bigfilsing Image

I am so glad and in some ways touched, that you've finally bowed to my superior knowledge and interlect :P

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:50 pm

bigfilsing wrote:I am so glad and in some ways touched, that you've finally bowed to my superior knowledge and interlect :P

Yes, quite.

'nuff said Image