Singapore Expats Forum

Is this true about PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
gump4u
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 16 Jun 2009
Location: Chennai

Is this true about PR?

Postby gump4u » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 3:52 pm

Hi dudes, i am a Graphic designer from india. i have always had the plan of moving to Singapore, so i was a quite leacher in this forum for some time now and find this forum very informative.

Recently one of my friend here told me that i can obtain a PR from a agent in singapore for 2 lakh INR. It was my friend's relative who is settled in Singapore who told him of this idea. Is this true ?

I have registered in many online job sites and started to apply, but every other job posting clearly indicates that they need only persons with PR.

I have many job openings(or that is what displayed on the sites like jobsDB) but all of them require a PR.

Somebody please give me any idea or guide me on how to succeed.

I am a Masters degree holder with 6+ years of experience in Graphic design :wink:

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10841
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 4:17 pm

That's not quite correct. There is a company called SMC (http://www.smcmc.com/faqs/faqs3.htm) that is the exclusive agent for processing landed PR applications. It is about S$2,500 if you are successful, with $1,500 being a government fee, the rest going to SMC.

It takes more than money. Read the website for additional qualifications, contact them for an initial review of your chances.

See also:

http://www.guidemesingapore.com/permane ... scheme.htm

http://www.asiabizsetup.com/singapore-l ... e-lpr.aspx

http://www.yesmigration.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=82

gump4u
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 16 Jun 2009
Location: Chennai

Postby gump4u » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 4:22 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:That's not quite correct. There is a company called SMC (http://www.smcmc.com/faqs/faqs3.htm) that is the exclusive agent for processing landed PR applications. It is about S$2,500 if you are successful, with $1,500 being a government fee, the rest going to SMC.

It takes more than money. Read the website for additional qualifications, contact them for an initial review of your chances.

See also:

http://www.guidemesingapore.com/permane ... scheme.htm

http://www.asiabizsetup.com/singapore-l ... e-lpr.aspx

http://www.yesmigration.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=82


Hey SE thanks for the reply.

Are these SMC guys the only people who do this landed PR thing ? :D

User avatar
littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat, 28 Mar 2009
Location: London/Singapore

Postby littlegreenman » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 4:48 pm

gump4u wrote:
Hey SE thanks for the reply.

Are these SMC guys the only people who do this landed PR thing ? :D


Strong Eagle wrote:There is a company called SMC... that is the exclusive agent for processing landed PR applications.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34793
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 4:52 pm

gump4u wrote:Are these SMC guys the only people who do this landed PR thing ? :D


Strong Eagle wrote:There is a company called SMC (http://www.smcmc.com/faqs/faqs3.htm) that is the exclusive agent for processing landed PR applications


Definition:

adjective

exclusive: being the only one of it's kind

User avatar
littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat, 28 Mar 2009
Location: London/Singapore

Postby littlegreenman » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 4:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
gump4u wrote:Are these SMC guys the only people who do this landed PR thing ? :D


Strong Eagle wrote:There is a company called SMC (http://www.smcmc.com/faqs/faqs3.htm) that is the exclusive agent for processing landed PR applications


Definition:

adjective

exclusive: being the only one of it's kind


Hehe, beat you to it. :wink:

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10841
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 4:54 pm

LGM and SMS... you very funny, lah!!

gump4u
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 16 Jun 2009
Location: Chennai

Postby gump4u » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 7:59 pm

thanks dude.... you guys are funny :cool:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests